Official teaser poster
|Directed by||Jake Kasdan|
by Chris Van Allsburg
|Edited by||Steve Eds|
|Distributed by||Sony Pictures Releasing|
The as-of-yet untitled Jumanji film (colloquially referred to as Jumanji 3), is an upcoming American action-adventure comedy film directed by Jake Kasdan and written by Jeff Pinkner and Scott Rosenberg. It is a direct sequel to the 2017 film Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle and the Third installment of the Jumanji franchise. The film stars the returning Dwayne Johnson, Kevin Hart, Jack Black, Karen Gillan and Nick Jonas alongside newcomers Danny DeVito, Awkwafina, and Danny Glover. It is scheduled to be released on December 13, 2019, by Sony Pictures Releasing.
- Dwayne Johnson as Dr. Smolder Bravestone, Spencer's avatar: a strong, confident archaeologist and explorer, and the leader of the team.
- Jack Black as Professor Sheldon Oberon, Bethany's avatar: a cartographer, cryptographer, archaeologist, and paleontologist.
- Kevin Hart as Franklin "Mouse" Finbar, Fridge's avatar: a diminutive zoologist and weapons specialist.
- Karen Gillan as Ruby Roundhouse, Martha's avatar: a martial artist and dance fighter.
- Morgan Turner as Martha Kaply, a shy and cynical intellectual at Brantford High School. She and Spencer started a romantic relationship at the end of the last film.
- Nick Jonas as Jefferson "Seaplane" McDonough, Alex Vreeke's avatar: a young aircraft pilot who took shelter in a jungle house built by previous player Alan Parrish during his ordeal in the game.
- Colin Hanks as Alex Vreeke, a married man with children who, as a teenage gamer, was trapped inside the Jumanji video game for many years until being rescued and returned to his time in the last film.
- Danny DeVito
- Danny Glover
- Dania Ramirez
- Rhys Darby as Nigel Billingsley, the players' main in-game guide.
After the release of second film Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle, Dwayne Johnson, Jack Black and Nick Jonas had discussed in interviews what a possible Jumanji 3 would be about, including the possibility of the film exploring the origins of the titular game. Karen Gillan had also said that the alternate ending for Welcome to the Jungle would have left the door open for another movie. In January 2018, it was announced that the film would potentially be released on Christmas 2019. In February 2018, it was announced that Kasdan would direct the sequel, with Rosenberg and Pinkner again writing the script and Johnson, Hart, Black and Gillan reprising their roles. In April 2018, Sony set the film for a December 2019 release. In January 2019, Awkwafina, Danny DeVito and Danny Glover joined the film. In February 2019, it was announced Alex Wolff, Ser'Darius Blain, Madison Iseman, Morgan Turner and Nick Jonas were announced to reprise their roles. In March 2019, Dania Ramirez joined the cast of the film. That same month, it was announced Rhys Darby would reprise his role in the film. In May 2019, it was announced Colin Hanks would reprise his role.
- Rob Keyes. "Nick Jonas Has A Funny Idea For The Next Jumanji Sequel". Screen Rant. Archived from the original on June 9, 2018. Retrieved January 30, 2018.
- Matt Dolloff. "Jack Black Has A Great Idea For Jumanji 3". Screen Rant. Archived from the original on June 8, 2018. Retrieved January 30, 2018.
- Christopher Isaac. "Here's Who Jumanji's Stars Want to See in Jumanji 3". Screen Rant. Archived from the original on June 11, 2018. Retrieved January 30, 2018.
- Chris Evangelista. "The 'Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle' Cast Have 'Jumanji 3' Ideas, Plus an Alternate Ending for the New Sequel". Slash Film.
- Evry, Max (January 25, 2018). "Jumanji 3 to Potentially Take on Star Wars: Episode IX in 2019". ComingSoon.net. Archived from the original on January 29, 2018. Retrieved January 30, 2018.
- Fleming, Mike Jr. (February 6, 2018). "Scott Rosenberg & Jeff Pinkner To Write 'Jumanji: Welcome To The Jungle' Sequel". Deadline Hollywood. Penske Business Media. Archived from the original on February 7, 2018. Retrieved February 6, 2018.
- N’Duka, Amanda (April 24, 2018). "Sony Dates 'Jumanji' Sequel For December 2019 – CinemaCon". Deadline Hollywood. Penske Business Media. Archived from the original on April 24, 2018. Retrieved April 24, 2018.
- Kroll, Justin (January 3, 2019). "Awkwafina Joins Dwayne Johnson and Kevin Hart in 'Jumanji' Sequel". Variety. Retrieved January 21, 2019.
- Kroll, Justin (January 4, 2019). "Danny DeVito Joins Dwayne Johnson in 'Jumanji' Sequel (EXCLUSIVE)". Variety. Retrieved January 21, 2019.
- "'Jumanji 2' Adds Danny Glover to Cast". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved January 21, 2019.
- D'Alessandro, Anthony (February 4, 2019). "'Jumanji' Teen Gang Return For Sequel". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved February 4, 2019.
- N'Duka, Amanda (February 6, 2019). "Nick Jonas Officially Returning For Sony's 'Jumanji' Sequel". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved February 6, 2019.
- D'Alessandro, Anthony (March 5, 2019). "Dania Ramirez Journeys To 'Jumanji' Sequel; James Moses Black Books 'Black And Blue'". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved March 5, 2019.
- N'Duka, Amanda (March 11, 2019). "Rhys Darby To Reprise His Role In 'Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle' Sequel". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved March 11, 2019.
- McVey, Ciara (May 7, 2019). "Colin Hanks Returning For 'Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle' Sequel". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved May 7, 2019.
- Marc, Christopher (October 21, 2018). "'Jumanji' Sequel To Start Filming On January 21st In Atlanta - Adds 'Captain Marvel' Art Director - GWW". thegww.com. Retrieved October 25, 2018.
- Vietzen, Julius (July 9, 2018). "Shazam oder sogar Wonder Woman? Dwayne Johnson deutet für "Black Adam" Auftritte von anderen DC-Helden an [exklusiv]". FILMSTARTS.de (in German). Archived from the original on September 15, 2018. Retrieved July 10, 2018.
- Frederick, Clint (June 28, 2018). "Sony Pictures Sets Dates for Angry Birds 2 and Jumanji 3". ComingSoon.net. Archived from the original on June 28, 2018. Retrieved June 28, 2018.