|Birth name||Henry Pryce Jackman|
|Born||1974 (age 42–43)
Hillingdon, London, England
|Genres||Film score, EDM, big beat, synthpop, pop rock, hard rock, classical, jazz|
|Occupation(s)||Composer, conductor, arranger, pianist, musician, songwriter|
|Instruments||Piano, keyboards, synthesizer, guitar, drums|
|Labels||Remote Control Productions|
Henry Pryce Jackman (born 1974) is an English composer, conductor, arranger, pianist, musician, and songwriter. He is best known for composing major hit films such as Kong: Skull Island, X-Men: First Class, Wreck-It Ralph, Captain Phillips, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Captain America: Civil War, Kick-Ass, Kick-Ass 2, Big Hero 6 and The Interview, as well as the video games Uncharted 4: A Thief's End and Just Cause 3.
Life and career
Jackman has done programming and production work with artists including Mike Oldfield (Voyager), Sally Oldfield (Flaming Star), Trevor Horn/Art of Noise (The Seduction of Claude Debussy), Elton John and Gary Barlow. He co-produced Seal's unreleased 2001 album Togetherland. "This Could Be Heaven", released from the album, was also co-written by Jackman and used on the movie The Family Man and included on the deluxe edition of Seal's compilation album Hits.
Jackman has released three albums, Utopia (2003), Transfiguration (2005) and Acoustica (2007; with Augustus Isadore).
Jackman had various minor roles on film scores since 2006, generally working with mentor Hans Zimmer, including for The Da Vinci Code (music programmer), The Dark Knight (music arranger) and additional music for Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest, At World's End, The Simpsons Movie, Kung Fu Panda and Hancock. In 2009, Jackman, Zimmer and John Powell won the 2008 Annie Award for Music in an Animated Television Production or Short Form for their work on DreamWorks Animation's Secrets of the Furious Five (a sequel to Kung Fu Panda). He has since composed soundtracks for Monsters vs. Aliens, Henri IV, Gulliver's Travels, X-Men: First Class, Winnie the Pooh, Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter, Wreck-It Ralph and Captain America: The Winter Soldier. His first major video game score was Uncharted 4: A Thief's End.
Henry Pryce Jackman is the son of keyboardist and arranger Andrew Pryce Jackman, who was a member of The Syn and worked for many years with Chris Squire of Yes. His uncle Gregg Jackman is a sound engineer and producer who has worked with the King's Singers and Barclay James Harvest; Henry and his uncle both worked on Moa's 1999 album Universal. His grandfather, Bill Jackman, played clarinet on "When I'm Sixty-Four" on The Beatles' Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band.
- Mike Oldfield, "Women of Ireland" (1997): co-produced, programming
- Elton John & LeAnn Rimes, "Written in the Stars" (1999): programming
- Jocelyn Brown, "I Believe" (1999): programming, mixing
- Seal, "This Could Be Heaven" (2000): co-written, co-produced, programming
- Mike Oldfield, Voyager (1997): co-produced, programming
- Sally Oldfield, Flaming Star
- Conner Reeves, Earthbound (1998): programming
- Michael Gordon, Weather (1998): production, sound design
- Art of Noise, The Seduction of Claude Debussy (1999): "Born on a Sunday" co-produced, co-written
- Moa, Universal (1999): writing, producing, mixing
- Maryanna Matiss, Time to Fly (2001): writing, producing, mixing
- Seal, Togetherland (2001/unreleased): producing, programming
- Hans Zimmer, The Holiday OST (2006): co-writing
- Vantage Point OST (2008): co-writing
- various artists, Monsters vs. Aliens OST (2009): writing
- Utopia (WestOneMusic, 2003)
- Transfiguration (KPM Music, 2005)
- Acoustica (KPM Music, 2007)
|2008||Secrets of the Furious Five||Raman Hui||Composed with Hans Zimmer and John Powell
|2009||Monsters vs. Aliens||Conrad Vernon
|2010||Henri 4||Jo Baier||Composed with Hans Zimmer|
|2010||Kick-Ass||Matthew Vaughn||Composed with Marius de Vries, Ilan Eshkeri and John Murphy|
|2010||Gulliver's Travels||Rob Letterman||N/A|
|2011||Winnie the Pooh||Stephen J. Anderson
|2011||X-Men: First Class||Matthew Vaughn||N/A|
|2011||Puss in Boots||Chris Miller||N/A|
|2011||Small Fry||Angus MacLane||Short film|
|2012||Man on a Ledge||Asger Leth||N/A|
|2012||Puss in Boots: The Three Diablos||Raman Hui||Composed with Matthew Margeson
|2012||Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter||Timur Bekmambetov||N/A|
|2012||Wreck-It Ralph||Rich Moore||Replaced Thomas Newman|
|2013||G.I. Joe: Retaliation||Jon M. Chu||Additional Music Provided By Dominic Lewis, Junkie XL & Matthew Margeson|
|2013||This Is the End||Seth Rogen
|2013||Turbo||David Soren||Additional Music By Paul Mounsey & Halli Cauthery|
|2013||Kick-Ass 2||Jeff Wadlow||Composed with Matthew Margeson Additional Music By Jason Soudah|
|2013||Captain Phillips||Paul Greengrass||Additional Music By Al Clay & Jack Dolman|
|2014||Captain America: The Winter Soldier||Anthony Russo
|Additional Music Provided By Dominic Lewis & Matthew Margeson|
|2014||Big Hero 6||Don Hall
|Additional Music By Dominic Lewis & Paul Mounsey|
|2014||The Interview||Seth Rogen
|Additional Music Provided By Dominic Lewis|
|2015||Kingsman: The Secret Service||Matthew Vaughn||Composed with Matthew Margeson Additional Music Provided By Alex Belcher, Dominic Lewis & Jason Soudah|
|2015||Pixels||Chris Columbus||Additional Music By Halli Cauthery|
|2016||The 5th Wave||J Blakeson||Additional Music By Alex Belcher & Andrew Kawczynski|
|2016||The Birth of a Nation||Nate Parker||Additional Music By Anthony Willis|
|2016||Captain America: Civil War||Anthony Russo
|Additional Music By Alex Belcher & Halli Cauthery|
|2016||Jack Reacher: Never Go Back||Edward Zwick||Additional Music By Alex Belcher & Paul Mounsey|
|2017||Kong: Skull Island||Jordan Vogt-Roberts||Additional Music By Alex Belcher, Halli Cauthery & Stephen Hilton|
|2017||Kingsman: The Golden Circle||Matthew Vaughn||Composed with Matthew Margeson|
|2017||Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle||Jake Kasdan||Replaced James Newton Howard|
|2009||Monsters vs. Aliens: Mutant Pumpkins from Outer Space||Television special|
|2010||Kung Fu Panda Holiday||Television special|
Video game scores
|2015||Just Cause 3||First game in the series to be scored by Jackman, third game in the series to be scored by a different composer|
|2016||Uncharted 4: A Thief's End||First game in the series to be scored by Jackman, also features some music by Greg Edmonson - the previous composer in the series|
Awards and nominations
- "Henry Jackman biography". Billboard.com. Retrieved 12 October 2016.
- The Greatest Music Never Sold. Hal Leonard. 2007. p. 15. ISBN 9780879309053.
- "The Family Man soundtrack review". AllMusic.com. Retrieved 12 October 2016.
- "36th Annual Annie Nominations and Awards Recipients". Retrieved 12 October 2016.
- "Gregg Jackman biography". AllMusic.com. Retrieved 12 October 2016.
- "Universal album credits". AllMusic.com. Retrieved 12 October 2016.
- "Andrew Price Jackman biography". Retrieved 12 October 2016.
- "Henry Jackman Scoring Paul Greengrass' ‘Captain Phillips'". FilmMusicReporter.com.
- "Henry Jackman to Score Disney's 'Big Hero 6′". Film Music Reporter. 3 April 2014. Retrieved 3 April 2014.
- "Uncharted 4: A Thief's End game director confirming Jackman as composer". Bruce Straley. twitter.com. 6 December 2014. Retrieved 14 December 2014.
- "41st Annual Annie Awards Live Blog: ‘Frozen’ Wins Best Animated Feature". 1 February 2014. Retrieved 2 February 2014.
- "Baftas 2014: full list of winners". The Guardian. 16 February 2014. Retrieved 17 February 2014.
- "NAVGTR Awards (2016)". National Academy of Video Game Trade Reviewers.