KDU University College
This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Universiti Kolej KDU|
|Vice-Chancellor||Professor Pang Leang Hiew|
KDU University College (or KDU) is a private university college in Malaysia, with its flagship campus in Utropolis Glenmarie, Shah Alam. Established in 1983, and a pioneer in Malaysian private education, KDU was one of the first private colleges in Malaysia to have its own purpose-built campus. KDU offers education programmes at the Certificate, Diploma, Degree and Masters levels.
KDU is part of Paramount Education, a fully integrated education services provider for primary, secondary, tertiary, and postgraduate level studies as well as executive and professional development programmes, which also includes KDU College (Damansara Jaya Campus), KDU Penang University College, KDU Management Development Centre and KDU Smart Schools (private national and international schools for primary and secondary school students)
Established in 1983, and a pioneer in Malaysian private education, KDU was one of the first private colleges in Malaysia to have its own purpose-built campus in Damansara Jaya. Kolej Damansara Utama (as it was first known) opened for enrolment, offering programmmes such as the GCE A-Level and the American Credit Transfer programme, and welcomed its first batch of students. In 1984, KDU introduced the first overseas twinning programme in partnership with Middlesex Polytechnic (Middlesex University), offering young Malaysians an opportunity to pursue internationally renowned programmes at a more affordable cost.
In 1991, a second branch (KDU Penang University College) was established in Penang to cater to the higher education needs of aspiring youths in the northern region.
In November 2010, KDU College was upgraded to University College status by the Ministry of Higher Education, Malaysia, and began offering specialised homegrown degree programmes. The ceremony was officiated by the Minister of Higher Education, Datuk Seri Mohamed Khaled Nordin.
The Damansara Jaya campus is now home to KDU College, offering pre-university, foundation and degree programmes from international collaborations and university partners. In line with its expansion, KDU University College moved to its all-new campus flagship campus in early 2015. The new Utropolis Glenmarie campus is designed to inspire and provide hands-on learning for real world experiences, and is part of a live-and learn, work-and-play self-contained university metropolis.
KDU employs only qualified academic staff that meets the requirement of both its partner institutions as well as the Malaysian Qualification Agency’s requirement, with PhD and master's degree holders teaching in degree programmes and a minimum of a degree to teach in the certificate and diploma programmes.
KDU University College:
- School of Business
- Accounting & Finance, Business, Banking & Finance
- School of Communication & Creative Arts
- Communication, Creative Arts, Entertainment Arts, Entrepreneurial Design
- School of Computing & Creative Media
- Computing, Creative Media, Game Development, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Systems
- School of Engineering
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
- School of Hospitality, Tourism & Culinary Arts
- Hospitality & Tourism, Culinary Arts
- School of Pre-University Studies
- Cambridge GCE A Levels, Foundation Studies
- KDU Law School
- School of Business & Social Sciences
- American Degree Program Center
- American Degree Transfer Program
- Professional Accountancy Center
- ACCA & CAT
- Lim, Richard (14 November 2010). "Institution's new status". thestar.com.my.