|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
As of 2001[update] India census, Khawzawl is a Notified Town city in district of Champhai, Mizoram. The Khawzawl city is divided into 5 wards for which elections are held every 5 years. The Khawzawl Notified Town has population of 11,022 of which 5,616 are males while 5,406 are females as per report released by Census India 2011.
Population of Children with age of 0-6 is 1746 which is 15.84 % of total population of Khawzawl (NT). In Khawzawl Notified Town, Female Sex Ratio is of 963 against state average of 976. Moreover Child Sex Ratio in Khawzawl is around 938 compared to Mizoram state average of 970. Literacy rate of Khawzawl city is 96.64 % higher than state average of 91.33 %. In Khawzawl, Male literacy is around 97.39 % while female literacy rate is 95.86 %.
Khawzawl Notified Town has total administration over 2,306 houses to which it supplies basic amenities like water and sewerage. It is also authorised to build roads within Notified Town limits and impose taxes on properties coming under its jurisdiction.
The Different High Schools in Khawzawl are:
- Govt. Higher Secondary School
- Government High School Khawzawl
- Model High School Khawzawl
- Far-east Experimental School
- Presbyterian English School, Khawzawl
- Presbyterian English School, Khawzawl Vengthar
- St.Joseph's School,Khawzawl
- Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Khawzawl District: Champhai, Mizoram
The Major Newspapers in Khawzawl are Khawzawl Times and Si-Ar.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 16 June 2004. Retrieved 1 November 2008.
- "Khawzawl College". Retrieved 8 September 2012.
- "Aizawl to Siaha". Mizoram NIC. Retrieved 29 August 2012.
- "Accredited Journalists". DIPR Mizoram. Archived from the original on 19 June 2013. Retrieved 5 September 2012.
|This article related to a location in the Indian state of Mizoram is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|