English monarchs' family tree
This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (March 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This is the English monarchs' family tree for England (and Wales after 1282) from Alfred the Great to Elizabeth I of England. The House of Wessex family tree precedes this family tree and the British monarchs' family tree follows it. The Scottish monarchs' family tree covers the same period in Scotland and also precedes the British monarchs' family tree. For a simplified family tree see English and British monarchs family tree
- - The red border indicates the monarchs
- - The bolded border indicates the close relatives of the monarchs (parents, spouses and children)
- - The thin border indicates other relatives
Houses of Wessex and Knýtlinga
|Houses of Wessex and Knýtlinga|
Houses of Normandy and Blois
|Houses of Normandy and Blois|
House of Plantagenet
Houses of Lancaster and York
|Houses of Lancaster and York|
House of Tudor
|House of Tudor|
- "The Continental Dynasties (1066–1216)" (PDF). The official website of the British Monarchy. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2007-04-26.
- "The Plantagenet Dynasties (1216–1485)" (PDF). The official website of the British Monarchy. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2007-04-26.
- "The Tudors (1485–1603) and the Stuarts (1603–1714)" (PDF). The official website of the British Monarchy. Retrieved 2010-07-30.