This article may rely excessively on sources too closely associated with the subject, potentially preventing the article from being verifiable and neutral. (August 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Slogan||Find Your Frame|
|Model||H930 (Europe); H930DS (Hong Kong); H933 (Canada); H931 (АТ&Т); H932 (T-Mobile); VS996 (Verizon); US998 (US Cellular); LS998U (Sprint); V300 (South Korea)|
L-01K (V30+ for NTT Docomo); L-02K (sold as the JOJO for NTT Docomo, limited model collaborated with JoJo's Bizarre Adventure series); LGV35 (sold as the isai V30+ for au)
|Compatible networks||GSM, HSPA, LTE|
|First released||September 21, 2017|
|Availability by region|
LG V20 Pro (L-01K)
LG isai Beat (LGV35)
|Successor||LG V35, LG V40 ThinQ|
LG V60 ThinQ 5G (Japan)
|Dimensions||151.7 mm (5.97 in) H |
75.4 mm (2.97 in) W
7.3 mm (0.29 in) D
|Mass||158 g (5.6 oz)|
|Operating system||Original: Android 7.1.2 "Nougat"|
Current: Android 9.0 "Pie"
|System on chip||Qualcomm Snapdragon 835|
|CPU||Octa-core (4x2.45 GHz & 4x1.9 GHz) Kryo|
|Memory||4 GB RAM|
|Storage||V30: 64 GB|
V30+: 128 GB
|Removable storage||microSD, up to 256 GB|
|Battery||3,300 mAh, not user-replaceable|
|Display||6 in (150 mm) 2880×1440 1440p 2:1 aspect ratio (537 ppi) P-OLED|
|Rear camera||Dual 16 MP Sony Exmor IMX351 (f/1.6, OIS, 3-axis, laser & phase detection AF) + 13 MP wide-angle (f/1.9), Video at 4K at 30fps, 1080p at 60fps, 720p at 120fps|
|Front camera||5 MP (f/2.2), facial recognition|
|Sound||Quad ESS DAC|
The LG V30 is an Android phablet manufactured by LG Electronics as part of the LG V series. Unveiled on 31 August 2017 as the successor to the LG V20, the V30 forgoes the V20's secondary display for a "floating bar" which has nearly the same functions as the second display. It still features quad DACs for improved audio.
The phone was teased on 3 August 2017 in a press release from LG showing the bottom half of the FullVision display. On 7 August press invitations were sent out featuring the words "Lights. Camera. Action." Video teasers were later released, advertising the phone's display, audio and camera capabilities.
The V30 has a Gorilla Glass 5 front and rear plate sandwiching an aluminum body and a 6.0-inch P-OLED FullVision Display, with a 2:1 aspect ratio (marketed as 18:9), manufactured by LG Display. Its processor is a Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 SoC with an Adreno 540 GPU, coupled with 4 GB RAM. The V30 has 64 GB of internal storage, while the V30+ has 128 GB, which is expandable via microSD card. This is also the first LG smartphone to feature an OLED display.
The LG V30 uses a dual-lens camera setup with a 16-megapixel main sensor with a 71° field of view, and a 13-megapixel wide angle sensor with a 120° field of view. However, the main camera also features a f/1.6 aperture, the lowest in a smartphone at the time of release, and a 10-bit HDR sensor. The 10-bit HDR image sensor is capable of capturing nearly 1,070,000,000 different colors, which is about 211% more colors than an 8-bit image sensor. The main sensor has optical image stabilization, which corrects motion blur in photos and videos, but there is no OIS on the wide angle lens.
The V30 has received praise for having one of the most mature dual-camera systems available and for its audio quality, retaining the headphone jack as other premium smartphones stopped providing it, and including multiple audio sensors for input and a 32-bit Quad-DAC (Digital Analog Converter) for output.
The phone has been criticized for excessive bloatware on carrier-branded devices and its screen quality has been criticized for its relative lack of color saturation and flaws, as with the Google Pixel 2 XL — which features a display also made by LG.
- "LG V30 - Full phone specifications". gsmarena. 4 January 2018. Archived from the original on 4 January 2018. Retrieved 4 January 2018.
- Conway, Adam (31 August 2017). "LG V30 Announced at IFA 2017 – Snapdragon 835, 6.0 inch 2:1 QHD Display, 3,300mAh Battery and More!". XDA Developers. Retrieved 31 August 2017.
- Phones, Compare (31 August 2017). "LG V40 THINQ REVIEW – THE MOST POWERFUL DEVELOPMENT". Compare Phones. Retrieved 5 October 2018.
- "NEXT MAJOR SMARTPHONE FROM LG TO FEATURE FIRST-EVER OLED FULLVISION DISPLAY". LG Newsroom. 3 August 2017. Retrieved 16 August 2017.
- Maring, Joe (8 August 2017). "LG V30: Latest press invite is all about the phone's camera system". 9to5Google. Retrieved 27 August 2017.
- LG Mobile Global (22 August 2017). "The next V: Full & colorful view". Retrieved 25 August 2017.
- LG Mobile Global (24 August 2017). "The next V: Immersive sound". Retrieved 27 August 2017.
- LG Mobile Global (27 August 2017). "The next V: Special moments". Retrieved 30 August 2017.
- "LG V30 Camera & Video: Cinema Quality w/ the LG V30 Camera". www.lg.com. Retrieved 8 December 2017.
- Miller, Matthew (19 October 2017). "LG V30 review: Stunning hardware optimized for media creators and audio lovers". ZDNet.
- Oreo beta begins rolling out to LG V30 and V30+ in South Korea, doesn't include Treble support
- Savov, Vlad (16 October 2017). "LG V30 review: groundbreaking phone with a deal-breaking flaw". The Verge.
- Wang, Jules (23 October 2017). "Pixel 2 Real Audio Review: Let's talk about dongles". Pocketnow.
- Parker, Max (31 January 2018). "LG V30 review". Trusted Reviews.
- Amadeo, Ron (15 November 2017). "LG V30 review: Good hardware design marred by bad camera, software". Ars Technica.
- Android Central — LG V30 gets torn down, shows impressive camera hardware
- Android Police — LG V30 enter the JerryRigEverything torture chamber, emerges mostly unscathed