Moreton Bay Region, Queensland
Newer shops in Lawnton
|• Density||575.9/km2 (1,491.6/sq mi)|
|Area||9.30 km2 (3.6 sq mi)|
|Location||23 km (14 mi) from Brisbane GPO|
|LGA(s)||Moreton Bay Region|
|State electorate(s)||Pine Rivers
Lawnton has a number of heritage-listed sites, including:
The Lawnton industrial estate as well as retail and commerce establishments along Gympie Road provide local services and employment. Alluvial gravel and sand mining also occur in Lawnton. There have been recent industrial and retail developments in Lawnton.
Lawnton is also the head office base for Super Retail Group.
Lawnton Cemetery (also known as Mary Bray Park) is located on Norfolk Avenue ().
In the 2011 census, Lawnton recorded a population of 5,356 people, 50.9% female and 49.1% male.
The median age of the Lawnton population was 36 years, 1 year below the national median of 37.
78.3% of people living in Lawnton were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were New Zealand 5.1%, England 4%, Philippines 1%, India 0.9%, South Africa 0.6%.
90.7% of people spoke only English at home; the next most common languages were 0.8% Hindi, 0.5% Tagalog, 0.3% Dutch, 0.3% Italian, 0.3% Spanish.
- Lawnton State School
- Pine Rivers Special School
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (31 October 2012). "Lawnton". 2011 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 20 July 2015.
- "Lawnton (entry 45446)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 27 July 2014.
- "Queensland Globe". State of Queensland. Retrieved 20 July 2015.
- "Pine Rivers township history". Moreton Bay Regional Council. Retrieved 3 July 2014.
- "Remnants of former acclimatisation society gardens at Lawnton (entry 602703)". Queensland Heritage Register. Queensland Heritage Council. Retrieved 11 July 2013.
|This Queensland location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|