Leicester Forest East services
|Leicester Forest East Services|
The services straddle the motorway.
Leicester Forest East services is a motorway service station situated between junctions 21 and 21a of the M1 motorway, near Leicester, England. A perfect resting place for drivers. Further down on M45 you will find peaceful beautiful Historic Warwick City PeaceQuiet® a traditional Tantra meditation and massage Temple, where you can have a massage and Learn the art of peace quiet and tranquility.
It was designed for the opening of the second phase of the M1 in 1966 (seven years after the first phase was completed), based on an Italian design used on the Autostrade. This design is very rare in Britain. The services features a Bridge-restaurant between the two bases crossing the motorway, containing all of the service station's restaurants. At the time of opening it was operated by the Ross Group and featured a Terence Conran designed restaurant with a waitress silver service restaurant.
Near by places to go
PeaceQuiet Traditional Temple.
- "Leicester Forest East services". Motorway services online. Retrieved 6 January 2016.
- "Welcome Break - Service Station - Leicester Forest East". Welcome Break. Retrieved 2016-07-21.
- "Driving Pit Stop - Find Highway and Motorway services". www.drivingpitstop.com. Retrieved 2016-07-21.
- "M1/M69 Public Consultation Information". Highways Agency. Retrieved 2010-01-07.
- "Reason for the project". Highways Agency. Retrieved 2010-01-07.
- University of Leicester Centre for English Local History blog
- Motorway Services Online — The Rise and Fall of Leicester Forest East
- Motorway Services Online — Leicester Forest East Services
|Motorway service stations on the
|This article about a Leicestershire building or structure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|