Norton Canes services
|Norton Canes Services|
The main buildings.
|Date opened:||9 March 2004|
Norton Canes services is a motorway service station on the M6 Toll, in the village of Norton Canes near the towns of Brownhills, Cannock, and Walsall, in Staffordshire, England. It is operated by RoadChef, who has a 25-year lease on the site. The company also uses the site as its head office.
Opened on 9 March 2004, the 68-acre (28 ha) site is claimed to be the best service area on Britain's motorway network, featuring table service in the restaurant during the evening and free screen washes in the petrol station during quiet periods. It has been described as having "the look of a Scandinavian airport lounge". At opening, the service area produced 200 jobs for the local area.
Norton Canes services is located on the M6 Toll between junctions T6 and T7, and is positioned so that it can be accessed before reaching the main toll plaza in either direction. It is a single-sided site, unlike a large majority of other service areas which have separate facilities for each direction. For this reason it is possible to do a U-turn at the services; however, it is not possible to avoid the toll in that way.
Unlike most other service areas, where it is illegal for traffic from local roads to use the back entrance to the site, provision has been made at Norton Canes for traffic from the A5 to access the services.
- Days Inn
- Fresh Food Cafe
- Chozen Noodle
- Fone Bitz
- Parking free up to 2 hours
- Regus Express
The service station is a single site, accessed from the M6 Toll in both directions using a Trumpet Interchange.
- "UK | England | Coventry/Warwickshire | First M6 Toll road services open". BBC News. 2004-03-09. Retrieved 2009-09-05.
- "UK | England | Staffordshire | M6 Toll time draws near". BBC News. 2003-11-18. Retrieved 2009-09-05.
- "Article: Roadchef under offer from Israel as value climbs. | AccessMyLibrary - Promoting library advocacy". AccessMyLibrary. 2006-12-19. Retrieved 2009-09-05.
- Mimi Spencer (18 April 2004). "New York, Paris, Milan, Walsall". The Observer. Retrieved 2009-09-05.
- "Article: Perspective: The Motor show: Fast lane to regional benefits. | AccessMyLibrary - Promoting library advocacy". AccessMyLibrary. 2002-10-30. Retrieved 2009-09-05.
- "Norton Canes services". Motorway Services Online. Retrieved 2009-09-05.
- McDonald's is now open at Norton Canes!. Roadchef https://www.roadchef.com/family-news-feed/148-mcdonald-s-is-now-open-at-norton-canes. Retrieved 1 April 2016. Missing or empty
- User, Super. "Norton Canes". www.roadchef.com. Retrieved 2016-07-22.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Norton Canes services.|