List of outlaw motorcycle clubs
This is an alphabetical list of notable outlaw motorcycle clubs, including those current, defunct, or historic. An outlaw motorcycle club is a motorcycle subculture that has its roots in the immediate post-World War II era of American society. It is generally centered on the use of cruiser motorcycles, particularly Harley-Davidsons and choppers, and a set of ideals that celebrate freedom, nonconformity to mainstream culture and loyalty to the biker group. In the United States, such motorcycle clubs are considered "outlaw" as they are not sanctioned by the American Motorcyclist Association (AMA) and do not adhere to the AMA's rules.
Outlaw motorcycle clubs
- Hayes, Bill (2011), The One Percenter Encyclopedia: The World of Outlaw Motorcycle Clubs from Abyss Ghosts to Zombies Elite, Motorbooks, ISBN 9781610598019
- "Bacchus motorcycle gang moves to Halifax". The Chronicle Herald. May 30, 2014.
- PHILIPPE TEISCEIRA-LESSARD (October 11, 2016), "Un employé du PQ en concert pour des motards", La Presse (in French)
- "2005 National Gang Threat Assessment" (PDF). Bureau of Justice Assistance (BJA), U.S. Department of Justice.: 14.
All of the major OMGs have support clubs that serve as a recruitment source and as foot soldiers in conducting criminal activities. The Hells Angels’ principal support club is the Red Devils, the Outlaws have the Black Pistons. The Pagans have the Tribe and the Blitzkrieg and Thunderguards (in Maryland). The Bandidos have several support clubs, including the Amigos, Pistoleros, LA Riders, Hombres, and Hermanos.
- Inside the Biker Gangs: The Truth About Guns, Drugs and Organised Crime
- "Information on The Breed". Mafianj.com. 2012-09-13. Retrieved 2012-12-10.
- Levingston, Tobie Gene; Zimmerman, Kent (2004), Soul on bikes: the East Bay Dragons MC and the Black biker set, MotorBooks International, p. 199, ISBN 0-7603-1747-X
- Simmons, Ann (14 July 2011). "Chosen Few motorcycle gang is targeted in crackdown". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 14 July 2011.
- Robinson, Russell (24 March 2007). "Bikie gangs run nightclub drug scene". The Australian.
- Information on Diablos Archived October 21, 2008, at the Wayback Machine.
- Mallory, Stephen L. (2007), Understanding Organized Crime; Criminal justice illuminated, Jones & Bartlett Publishers, p. 160, ISBN 0-7637-4108-6
- Garson, Paul (2006), "Hollister, Roswell, and a Brave New Bro's World—1947", in Davidson, Jean; Thompson, Hunter S., The Harley-Davidson Reader, MotorBooks/MBI Publishing Company, pp. 129–134, ISBN 0-7603-2591-X
- Bundeslagebild Organisierte Kriminalität 2010 (PDF) (in German), German Federal Criminal Police Office (Bundeskriminalamt), p. 19, retrieved 2013-05-12[permanent dead link]
- "Quebec's motorcycle gangs". Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. March 2, 2004. Archived from the original on February 23, 2009. Retrieved 2012-12-10.
- Veno, Arthur (2003), The Brotherhoods, Allen & Unwin, pp. 76 ff, ISBN 9781741141375
- "Hangmen MC". Trademarkia.com. Retrieved February 25, 2012.
- Osgerby, Bill (2005). Biker: Truth and Myth: How the Original Cowboy of the Road Became the Easy Rider of the Silver Screen. Globe Pequot. ISBN 1-59228-841-3.
- [dead link]
- [dead link]
- [dead link]
- "Gang seeks to flex muscle". Stuff. Retrieved October 28, 2014.
- "How gang made millions - National - NZ Herald News". The New Zealand Herald. July 24, 1999.
- "Notorious gangs eye up Christchurch". Stuff. Retrieved October 28, 2014.
- Miller, Martin (September 10, 1994). "8 in Biker Gang Arrested in 5-City Sweep : Crackdown: About 200 officers seize weapons and drugs in early morning raids. Two federal agents had infiltrated the tightly knit Hessians club". Los Angeles Times.
- Members of "Highwaymen Motorcycle Club" Indicted on Violent Crime, Drug, and Gun Charges, Federal Bureau of Investigation, May 14, 2009
- Associated Press (June 27, 2008). "Motorcycle club linked to meth". The Journal Gazette. Retrieved August 5, 2012.[dead link]
- "Jurors return final verdicts for two bikers", The Record, Stockton, California, July 1, 2010, retrieved September 10, 2010
- Smith, Scott (August 10, 2010), Judge wants one retrial, not two, McClatchy - Tribune Business News, retrieved September 10, 2010
- "Gangs of Marlborough". The Marlborough Express. 16 April 2008. Retrieved 15 October 2011.
- Phillips, Vanessa (18 April 2009). "Sympathy for the Devils". The Nelson Mail. Retrieved 15 October 2011.
- "Bikie gangs of NSW", The Daily Telegraph
- Janet Fife-Yeomans (November 7, 2009), "Pubs, clubs ban bikies' colours", The Daily Telegraph
- "Information on Notorious". Smh.com.au. February 5, 2009. Retrieved December 10, 2012.
- Information on Pagans Archived July 20, 2009, at the Wayback Machine.
- "'Operation Blue and White' Nets 14 Peckerwoods Members - re> SAN DIEGO, May 23 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/". California: Prnewswire.com. Retrieved August 5, 2012.
- "Undercover Officer Provides Inside Look Into Local Gang - San Diego News Story - KGTV San Diego". 10news.com. November 16, 2010. Retrieved August 5, 2012.
- Members of "Phantom Outlaw Motorcycle Club" Nine members of a violent, armed, outlaw motorcycle gang were indicted
- Six Leaders and Members of Phantom Outlaw Motorcycle Club and Vice Lords Street Gang Convicted of Violent Racketeering-Related Crimes
- The Rebels: a brotherhood of outlaw bikers By Daniel R. Wolf. Books.google.ca. Retrieved 2012-12-10.
- Biker gangs in Canada, CBC, April 15, 2009,
Said to be the oldest motorcycle gang in Canada
- "Police raid Canada's oldest biker club", Windsor Star, November 21, 2011
- Erica Bajer (March 17, 2011), "Bikers threaten to charge cop with trespassing", Chatham Daily News
- Stokes, Cam. "NZ gang history photos — RK's (Road Knights') 20th anniversary 1999". GangScene. Archived from the original on February 8, 2013. Retrieved 2013-07-29.
- "Road Knights Motorcycle Club". Retrieved 28 October 2014.
- Unknown. "ENFILADE/DEFILADE: SUITED/BOOTED: GANGS IN THE STH ISLAND". Retrieved 28 October 2014.
- Edwards, Peter; Auger, Michel (2004), The encyclopedia of Canadian organized crime: from Captain Kidd to Mom Boucher, Random House, p. 208, ISBN 9780771030444
- 2 Motorcycle Clubs Fight; 3 Die, 6 Hurt, Associated Press via Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, November 5, 1979
- "Man shot, killed outside motorcycle club - WDRB 41 Louisville - News, Weather, Sports Community". Wdrb.com. 2010-08-22. Retrieved 2012-08-05.
- Jim Hague Officials watching for motorcycle club fallout Police believe fatal shooting of cycler was isolated incident May 6, 2001. Hudson Reporter.com
- U.S. Charges alleged Bronx gang leader in connection with operations of drug laboratory near public school Archived December 1, 2010, at the Wayback Machine. January 14, 2003. (US vs. Angelo Cruz)
- Leader of "Satan's Soldiers" pleads guilty to operating clandestine Methamphetamine laboratory located next to Bronx public school[permanent dead link] November 11, 2004. (Angelo Cruz pleads guilty)
- The Changing Face of Organized in New Jersey A Status Report. May 2004. (pg 87-90) 
- Ryan Maye Handy, Colorado Gazette (2012-03-24). "Small, darker side of clubs casts shadow on bikers". The Gazette. Retrieved 2012-08-05.
- "Devil's Fire". Gangland (TV series). Season 4. Episode 2. February 12, 2009.
- [dead link]
- National Gang Intelligence Center (2011), National Gang Threat Assessment 2011: Emerging Trends, United States Department of Justice – via Questia (subscription required), p. 58
- "WOIO". Retrieved 28 October 2014.
- Ed Meyer. "Man gets third trial in killing". www.ohio.com. Retrieved 28 October 2014.