Reedeemer Lutheran Church
|Population||486 (2006 census)|
|• Density||1.3174/km2 (3.412/sq mi)|
|Area||368.9 km2 (142.4 sq mi)|
|LGA(s)||Western Downs Region|
The town is located in the Darling Downs and on the Warrego Highway, 235 kilometres (146 mi) north west of the state capital, Brisbane. Within the locality to the south-east of the town of Macalister is the neighboroughood of Apunyal.
Macalister Provisional School opened on 27 August 1894, becoming Macalister State School on 1 January 1909. In 1913 it was renamed Apunyal State School, while a newly opened school took the name Macalister State School. Apunyal State School closed about 1935, while the second Macalister State School closed on 4 May 1973.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (25 October 2007). "Macalister (Wambo Shire) (State Suburb)". 2006 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 2009-03-31.
- "Macalister - town in Western Downs Region (entry 20349)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 12 September 2017.
- "Macalister - locality in Western Downs Region (entry 49274)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 12 September 2017.
- "Apunyal - neighbourhood in the Western Downs Region (entry 710)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 17 September 2017.
- Premier Postal History. "Post Office List". Premier Postal Auctions. Retrieved 10 May 2014.
- Queensland Family History Society (2010), Queensland schools past and present (Version 1.01 ed.), Queensland Family History Society, ISBN 978-1-921171-26-0
Media related to Macalister, Queensland at Wikimedia Commons
|This Queensland location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|