Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1929 - World War II The first pageant was held in 1929 and the winner of it won the Miss Europe title. In 1936 Zsa Zsa Gabor won the title, but she was underaged so she couldn't compete in Miss Europe. Later she became a Hollywood actress and celebrity and wife of Conrad Hilton.
- From World War II until 1985 the pageant was not held, for political reasons: Hungary was a communist country.
- 1985 The pageant was held again. More than 2,000 contestants vied for the crown, and it was won by a 16-year-old girl, Csilla Molnár. In 1985 she competed in the unofficial Miss Europe pageant when in the preliminaries she was to win, but at the end she came as 2nd runner-up. In the summer of 1986 she committed suicide.
- 1986-1988 Because of Ms Molnar's death the pageant wasn't held.
- 1989 This year was the first when Hungary competed in Miss World.
- 1989-1996 The winner of this pageant was sent to the Miss World (except in 1993, when there wasn't Hungarian contestant). Since 1996 the winner of the Miss World Hungary pageant has been sent to this event.
- 1997 the pageant wasn't held
- since 1998 the event has been held again.
- Color key
- Declared as Winner
- Ended as runner-up
- Ended as one of the finalists or semifinalists
|1929||Böske Simon||Miss Europe 1929||Winner|
|1930||Mária Papst||Miss Europe 1930||-|
|1931||Mária Tasnády-Fekete||Miss Europe 1931||-|
|1932||Ica Lampel||Miss Europe 1932||-|
|1933||Júlia Gál||Miss Europe 1933||1st Runner-up|
|1934||Renée Gosztony||Miss Europe 1934||-|
|1935||Mária Nagy||Miss Europe 1936||-|
|1936||Gábor Sári (Zsa Zsa Gabor)||-||-|
|1938||Anna Zalain (Zalán?)||Miss Europe 1938||-|
|1985||Csilla Molnár||Unofficial Miss Europe 1986||2nd runner-up|
|1989||Magdolna Gerlóczy||Miss World 1989||-|
|1990||Kinga Czuczor||Miss World 1990 and Miss International 1991||-|
|1991||Orsolya Michna||Miss World 1991||-|
|1992||Bernadett Papp||Miss World 1992||-|
|1994||Tímea Farkas||Miss World 1994||-|
|1995||Ildikó Veinbergen||Miss World 1995|
|1999||Dammak Jázmin||Queen of the World 2002||2nd runner-up|
|2002||Szilvia Tóth||Miss Earth 2002||-|
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2010-01-18. Retrieved 2010-01-16.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- http://kgy.nava.hu/mvh-hirado/487.html[dead link]
- Video of all contestants
- The original winner, Antónia Bálint and the 1st runner-up was disqualified
- Miss Universe Hungary 2008 winner
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2009-12-12. Retrieved 2010-01-16.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)