Mookambigai College of Engineering
|This article does not cite any sources. (January 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Type||Private engineering technology institution|
|Location||Kalamavur Pudukottai Tamil Nadu|
Mookambigai College of Engineering (MCE) (Tamil: மூகாம்பிகை பொறியியல் கல்லூரி) is an engineering institute in Pudukkottai, Tamil Nadu, India. It is affiliated to Anna University. The chairman of the college is S. Subramaniam and the director is M. G. Venugopalan.
Mookambigai College of Engineering was established in 1985 under Sri Mariamman Educational, Health and Charitable Trust, Woraiyur, Tiruchirappalli. The college has eight departments of engineering, according to the needs of the students. It is run by a Telugu minority group.
The campus spreads over an area of over 200 hectares and facilitates the needs of over 500 students per year.
- B.E Computer Science and Engineering
- B.E Electronics & Communication Engineering
- B.E Mechanical Engineering
- B.E Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- B.E Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering
- B.E Civil Engineering
- B.E Automobile Engineering
- B. Tech Information Technology
- M.E Computer Science and Engineering
- M.E Communication Systems
- M.E Communication and Networking
- M.E CAD/CAM
- M.E Manufacturing Engineering
- M.E Power Electronics & Drives
Events and accolades
- Mechanical Engineering — Parley
- Computer Science Engineering — Dextra
- Electronics & Communication Engineering — Logica
- Information Technology — Blitz
The institute has two boys' hostels and two girls' hostels providing accommodation to over 5000 boys and 3000 girls.
The campus has an internet center and multimedia area and mini-department stores inside every hostel. There are facilities for sports and body building. The academy possesses advanced computing facilities.
The number of students graduated so far[when?] is 4226 and the registered number of students in the alumni association is 1479.
The MCE alumni association has two chapters, one in Chennai and the other in Bangalore.