Mohammad Ali Jinnah University
جامعہ محمد علی جناح
|Motto||In pursuit of Excellence|
|Chancellor||Mian Amer Mahmood|
|President||Prof. Dr. Zubair A. Shaikh|
|Rector||President of Pakistan|
|Colors||Blue, white, red,|
|Affiliations||Higher Education Commission (Pakistan), Pakistan Engineering Council, Association of Commonwealth Universities|
Established in 1998, the university offers undergraduate and post-graduate programs with a strong emphasis on business management, applied sciences, engineering and computer science. It is one of the top institution of higher learning in the country and was listed in the top ten universities for "general category" by the Higher Education Commission (Pakistan), as of 2013. In addition, the university is a member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities of the United Kingdom.
The university operated an additional campus in Islamabad, but it changed into Capital University of Science & Technology (CUST) in 2015. Now CUST is separate from MAJU, Karachi and under the MAJU Trust.
The Punjab Group of Colleges has been serving the community with education since 1985.
As a tribute to the Father of the Nation, the group named an ambitious project Mohammad Ali Jinnah University. The university was granted its charter by the government of Sindh in 1998. The Islamabad campus was established after obtaining an NOC from UGC, dated 17 August 1998 and dated 29 November 2001 and NOC from HEC dated 27 September 2003. (now become a separate university CUST Islamabad)
MAJU has departments of Computer Science, Bioinformatics and Biosciences, Mathematics in the Faculty of Computing; in the Faculty of Business Administration and Social Sciences, there are departments of Business Administration, Economics and Social Sciences.
In addition to pure academic programs, MAJU runs training programs, seminars and workshops. The university has started doctoral programs in Computer Sciences, Electrical Engineering and Management Sciences.
- Punjab Group of Colleges
- Punjab College of Business Administration
- Punjab Law College
- University of Central Punjab, Lahore
- Capital University of Science & Technology, Islamabad
- "Location and Address of Mohammad Ali Jinnah University". Google Maps Services. google maps. Retrieved 23 September 2013.
- "About M.A.J University". About M.A.J University. Archived from the original on 5 September 2013. Retrieved 23 September 2013.
- Govt. Pakistan. "HEC rankings". Govt. of Pakistan. Higher Education Commission (Pakistan). Archived from the original on 13 November 2013. Retrieved 23 September 2013.
- ACU Members. "ACU Members". ACU Members. ACU Members. Retrieved 23 September 2013.