National Register of Historic Places listings in Ashe County, North Carolina
This list includes properties and districts listed on the National Register of Historic Places in Ashe County, North Carolina. Click the "Map of all coordinates" link to the right to view a Google map of all properties and districts with latitude and longitude coordinates in the table below.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||Shubal V. Alexander Archeological District||
|2||Ashe County Courthouse||
|3||Ashe County Memorial Hospital||
|410 McConnell St.
|4||Baptist Chapel Church and Cemetery||
|E of Helton on SR 1527
|SW of Scottville on SR 1595
|7||Clark-Miller Roller Mill||
|180 Long Branch Rd.
|1580 Dog Creek Rd. Extension
|9||A.S. Cooper Farm||
|Cranberry Springs Rd., approx. 0.2 miles SE of jct. with Todd RR Grade Rd.
|10||Samuel Cox House||
|SW of Scottville off U.S. 221 on SR 1636
|11||Elkland School Gymnasium||
|10279 Three Top Rd., NC 1100 at jct. of NC 194
|12||Glendale Springs Inn||
|NC 16 and SR 1632
|13||Grassy Creek Historic District||
|SR 1535 and SR 1573
|14||R. T. Greer and Company Root and Herb Warehouse||
|7181 Railroad Grade Rd., jct. of Todd Railroad Grad Rd. at Cranberry Springs Rd.
|15||Lansing Historic District||
|Roughly bounded by NC 194, G & A Sts.
||Lansing||Ashe County, North Carolina, c. 1799-1955 MPS|
|East side of NC 194 at junction with NC 1517
|324 Miller Dr.
|410 Swansie Shepherd Rd.
|19||John M. Pierce House||
|N of Crumpler on SR 1559
|20||Poe Fish Weir||
|21||Thompson's Bromine and Arsenic Springs||
|W of Crumpler on SR 1542
|22||Todd Historic District||
|Along Todd Railroad Grade Rd., Big Hill Rd., and Carter Miller Rd.
|23||John W. Tucker House||
|State Route 1353
|24||William Waddell House||
|West of Grassy Creek off NC 16 on State Route 1532
|25||West Jefferson Historic District||
|Roughly bounded by State St., 3rd Ave., 2nd St.& Wilton Ave.
|175 Three Top Rd.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Ashe County, North Carolina.|
- National Register of Historic Places listings in North Carolina
- List of National Historic Landmarks in North Carolina
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes off of USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on May 19, 2017.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- National Park Service (2008-04-24). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.