National Register of Historic Places listings in Brunswick County, North Carolina
This list includes properties and districts listed on the National Register of Historic Places in Brunswick County, North Carolina. Click the "Map of all coordinates" link to the right to view a Google map of all properties and districts with latitude and longitude coordinates in the table below.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||Bald Head Creek Boathouse||December 1, 1997
|Smith's Island, mouth of Cape Fear R||Smith's Island|
|2||Bald Head Island Lighthouse||April 28, 1975
|S of Southport on Smith's Island at Bald Head||Southport||Known as "Old Baldy"; oldest lighthouse in North Carolina|
|3||Brunswick County Courthouse||May 10, 1979
|Davis and Moore Sts.||Southport|
|4||Brunswick Town Historic District||September 6, 1978
|N of Southport off SR 133||Southport|
|5||Cape Fear Civil War Shipwreck Discontiguous District||December 23, 1985
|Address Restricted||Holden Beach|
|6||Cape Fear Lighthouse Complex||August 29, 1978
|S of Kure Beach||Kure Beach|
|7||Fort Caswell Historic District||December 31, 2013
|100 Caswell Beach Rd.||Caswell Beach vicinity|
|8||Fort Johnston||June 7, 1974
|9||Oak Island Life Saving Station||December 28, 2000
|217 Caswell Beach Rd.||Caswell Beach|
|10||Oak Island Lighthouse||April 5, 2007
|300A Caswell Beach Rd., N of NC 133||Caswell Beach|
|11||New Hope Presbyterian Church||December 7, 2011
|800 Cherrytree Rd., NE||Winnabow vicinity|
|12||Orton Plantation||April 11, 1973
|On Cape Fear River at jct. of NC 1530 and 1529; also 9149 Orton Road||Smithville Township||Second set of boundaries represents a boundary increase of September 20, 2013|
|13||Southport Historic District||November 25, 1980
|Roughly bounded by Cape Fear River, Rhett, Bay, Short and Brown Sts.||Southport|
|14||St. Philip's Church, Brunswick Town||February 26, 1970
|S of Orton off NC 1533||Brunswick Town|
|15||T. B. McCLINTIC||June 3, 1994
|Tripp's Marina||Shallotte Point|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Brunswick County, North Carolina.|
- National Register of Historic Places listings in North Carolina
- List of National Historic Landmarks in North Carolina
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on November 29, 2019.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. April 24, 2008.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.
- Seldon, Lynn (20 July 2008). "Take a shine to N.C. lighthouse cottages". Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Retrieved 5 July 2009.