National Register of Historic Places listings in Watauga County, North Carolina
This list includes properties and districts listed on the National Register of Historic Places in Watauga County, North Carolina. Click the "Map of all coordinates" link to the right to view a Google map of all properties and districts with latitude and longitude coordinates in the table below.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||Blair Farm||August 29, 2008
|N. side of VA 1522 just W. of its jct. with Blairmont Dr.||Boone|
|2||Bollinger-Hartley House||March 9, 1995
|423 N. Main St.||Blowing Rock|
|3||Cove Creek High School||June 18, 1998
|207 Dale Adams Rd.||Sugar Grove|
|4||Daniel Boone Hotel||December 27, 1982
|E. King St.||Boone||Demolished|
|5||East Tennessee & Western North Carolina Railroad Locomotive No. 12||March 12, 1992
|Tweetsie RR theme park, jct. of Tweetsie RR Rd. and US 321||Blowing Rock|
|6||Ben Farthing Farm||January 4, 1993
|NC 1121 (Rominger Rd.) W side, just N of Watauga R.||Sugar Grove|
|7||Flat Top Estate||December 24, 2013
|Blue Ridge Parkway, milepost 292.8 to 295.5||Blowing Rock|
|8||Former Randall Memorial Building||March 14, 1991
|Greenway Ct.||Blowing Rock|
|9||Gragg House||October 25, 1973
|On U.S. 221||Blowing Rock|
|10||Green Park Historic District||August 19, 1994
|Jct. of US 321 and Green Hill and Rock Rds.||Blowing Rock|
|11||Green Park Inn||June 3, 1982
|U.S. 321||Blowing Rock|
|12||Jones House||March 25, 1987
|124 E. King St.||Boone|
|13||Mast Farm||January 20, 1972
|E of Valle Crucis off SR 1112||Valle Crucis|
|14||Mast General Store||April 3, 1973
|S of Valle Crucis on SR 1112||Valle Crucis|
|15||John Smith Miller House||January 29, 2009
|561 Chestnut Grove Rd.||Boone|
|16||US Post Office-Boone||January 11, 1996
|679 W. King St.||Boone|
|17||Valle Crucis Episcopal Mission||September 9, 1993
|NC 194 N side, 1 miles SW of jct. with NC 1112||Valle Crucis|
|18||Valle Crucis Historic District||February 2, 2005
|Along NC 194 and NC 1112||Valle Crucis|
|19||Vardell Family Cottages Historic District||March 12, 2001
|222 Grandfather Ave, 137, 187, 209 Chestnut Circle||Blowing Rock|
|20||Ward Family House||May 23, 1997
|8018 Rominger Rd.||Sugar Grove|
|21||Westglow||August 13, 1979
|W of Blowing Rock on U.S. 221||Blowing Rock|
|22||Wilson-Vines House||December 22, 1997
|4300 Rush Branch Rd.||Beaver Dam|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Watauga County, North Carolina.|
- National Register of Historic Places listings in North Carolina
- List of National Historic Landmarks in North Carolina
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes from USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on October 11, 2018.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- National Park Service (2008-04-24). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.
- "North Carolina Listings in the National Register of Historic Places by County". North Carolina State Historic Preservation Office. 22 October 2008. Retrieved 14 July 2009.