|19th Chair of the Libertarian National Committee|
|Assumed office |
June 29, 2014
|Preceded by||Geoff Neale|
|Vice Chair of the Colorado Libertarian State Committee|
|Preceded by||Wayne Harlos|
|Succeeded by||Eric Mulder|
|Chair of the Maryland Libertarian State Committee|
|Preceded by||Steve Boone|
|Succeeded by||Chip Spangler|
Nicholas J. Sarwark
August 27, 1979
Phoenix, Arizona, U.S.
Valerie Sarwark (m. 2009)
|Residence||Phoenix, Arizona, U.S.|
|Alma mater||Washington Adventist University|
Nicholas J. Sarwark (born August 27, 1979) is the 19th and current chair of the Libertarian National Committee (LNC), the executive body of the Libertarian Party (LP) of the United States. Prior to his election to that position in 2014, he served on several of the LP's national committees, as well as chair of the Libertarian Party of Maryland State Committee, and as vice chair of the Libertarian Party of Colorado State Committee.
Early life and education
This section of a biography of a living person does not include any references or sources. (April 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Sarwark was born on August 27, 1979, in Phoenix, Arizona. He attended classes at community college while still attending high school. He graduated from Washington Adventist University in 1998 and joined the Libertarian Party in 1999. Sarwark received his Juris Doctor from American University’s Washington College of Law in 2008 cum laude.
Sarwark was elected as Libertarian National Committee chair by the delegates of the 2014 Libertarian National Convention in Columbus, Ohio on June 29, 2014, defeating incumbent chairman Geoff Neale who had served two non-consecutive terms as chair of the LNC. He was re-elected as chairman of the Libertarian National Committee at the Libertarian National Convention in 2016 and again in 2018.
Sarwark formerly resided in Denver, with his wife and three children, where he served as vice chair of the Colorado Libertarian Party. Before that, he lived in Maryland, where he served as chair of the Libertarian Party of Maryland.
- "Libertarian Party Chair and WAU Grad Talks About Freedom". spectrummagazine.org.
- "Nicholas Sarwark - Libertarian Party".
- Harper, Jennifer (June 30, 2014). "Inside the Beltway: Libertarians shift into aggressive mode". The Washington Times. Retrieved July 3, 2014.
- "Libertarians elect new leadership". Westmoreland Times. July 3, 2014. Archived from the original on July 6, 2014. Retrieved July 3, 2014.
- Sarward, Nicholas. "Nicholas Sarwark". LinkedIn. Retrieved 10 February 2018.
- "Sarwark's Consolidated Auto Sales". Sarwark's Consolidated Auto Sales. Sarwark's Consolidated Auto Sales. Retrieved 10 February 2018.
- "News from 2014 Libertarian Party National Convention," lpmaryland.org (1 July 2014, updated 27 August 2014).
- Duda, Jeremy. "Nicholas Sarwark: A Libertarian born and bred in Arizona – Arizona Capitol Times". azcapitoltimes.com.
|Party political offices|
| Chair of the Libertarian National Committee
|Party political offices|
| Vice Chair of the Colorado Libertarian State