From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to navigation Jump to search
NokScoot Logo.png
IATA ICAO Callsign
Founded20 August 2014; 5 years ago (2014-08-20)
Commenced operations20 May 2015
HubsDon Mueang International Airport
AllianceValue Alliance
Fleet size7
Company sloganFly Awesome
Parent companyNok Air (51%)
Scoot (49%)
HeadquartersBangkok, Thailand
Key peopleYodchai Sudhidhanakul (CEO)[1]

NokScoot Airlines Company Limited, trading as NokScoot, is a Thailand-based low-cost medium- to long-haul airline. It operates international services out of Bangkok's Don Mueang International Airport.


On 16 December 2013, Scoot announced the signing of a memorandum of understanding with Nok Air to establish a new carrier in Bangkok, operating on medium- and long-haul routes with a fleet of Boeing 777-200 aircraft.[2] NokScoot is a joint venture of Thailand's Nok Air and Singapore based Scoot.[3] The airline has operated commercial flights out of Don Mueang International Airport since 20 May 2015.[4] Nok Air owns 51% of NokScoot, with Scoot, a subsidiary of Singapore Airlines, owning the remaining 49% – the Thai statutory limit for foreign ownership. The airline had an initial capital of 2 billion baht.[5]


As of June 2019, NokScoot serves or has previously served the following destinations:

Country City Airport Notes Refs
China Dalian Dalian Zhoushuizi International Airport Terminated [6]
Nanjing Nanjing Lukou International Airport [6]
Qingdao Qingdao Liuting International Airport [6]
Shanghai Shanghai Pudong International Airport [7]
Shenyang Shenyang Taoxian International Airport [6]
Tianjin Tianjin Binhai International Airport [6]
Xi'an Xi'an Xianyang International Airport [6]
India Delhi Indira Gandhi International Airport [8]
Japan Osaka Kansai International Airport [9]
Sapporo New Chitose Airport [10]
Tokyo Narita International Airport [11]
Taiwan Taipei Taoyuan International Airport [6]
Thailand Bangkok Don Mueang International Airport Hub [6]


As of July 2019, the NokScoot fleet consists of the following aircraft:[1]

NokScoot Fleet
Aircraft In
Orders Passengers Notes
J Y Total
Boeing 737-800 -- 2[12] -- 189 189 Former Nok Air aircraft[13]
Boeing 777-200ER 7 24[14] 391[15] 415
Total 7[16] 2[17]


NokScoot's aircraft are operated in a two-class configuration, Scoot Plus and Economy.

Scoot Plus[edit]

There are 24 Scoot Plus seats in the airline's Boeing 777s. These seats are not lie-flat; the backs recline 8 inches (20 cm) and have a pitch of 38 inches (97 cm). Each seat is 21.7 inches (55 cm) wide and has a footrest and in-arm trays that can be unfolded partially or fully. Similar to its parent airline Scoot, all ScootBiz seats have in-seat power, while the airfare includes complimentary meals and a checked luggage allowance of 30 kilograms (66 lb).[14]


There are 391 Economy seats,[15] arranged to provide three different levels of comfort. Standard Economy seats have a pitch of 31 inches (79 cm); Super seats have a pitch of 35 inches (89 cm); and S-t-r-e-t-c-h seats, located at the front of each section of the economy cabin, have a pitch of 36 inches (91 cm). As these are bulkhead and exit row seats, there are no seats in front of them to recline back to invade their space, giving them the most legroom in the economy cabin. Passengers in Standard Economy may reserve seats for a fee, while the fares for Super seats are higher than for Standard Economy seats; passengers choosing S-t-r-e-t-c-h seats will have to pay more compared to the Super Seats.[18] Passengers have to pay for meals in economy, either pre-paid or buy-on board. Passengers must also pay for any checked luggage.[19]


  1. ^ a b "HS-XBE joined Nokscoot fleet". Facebook. Hflight. 9 November 2017. Retrieved 1 May 2018.
  2. ^ "SIA's new Thai joint-venture carrier NokScoot cleared for take-off".
  3. ^ "NokScoot to be established as new low-cost airline". The Nation. 2013-12-16. Retrieved 2014-07-04.
  4. ^
  5. ^ "Nok Air joins with Singapore's Scoot". Bangkok Post. 2013-12-16. Retrieved 2014-07-04.
  6. ^ a b c d e f g h "Route Map". NokScoot. Retrieved 3 May 2018.
  7. ^ "NokScoot adds Shanghai service from Feb 2019". Routesonline. 28 January 2019.
  8. ^
  9. ^ "NokScoot adds Osaka service in late-Oct 2018". Rotesonline. 23 August 2018.
  10. ^ "NokScoot adds Sapporo service from late-Oct 2019". routesonline. Retrieved 29 August 2019.
  11. ^ "NokScoot Confirms Tokyo Launch from June 2018". 23 April 2018. Retrieved 23 April 2018.
  12. ^ "NokScoot Fleet Details and History". Retrieved 2019-07-22.
  13. ^ "NokScoot Fleet Details and History". Retrieved 2019-07-22.
  14. ^ a b "ScootBiz". NokScoot. Retrieved 1 May 2018.
  15. ^ a b "NokScoot Sale Guide Introduction" (PDF). NokScoot. 2016-08-22.
  16. ^ "Please verify your request". Retrieved 2019-07-22.
  17. ^ "Please verify your request". Retrieved 2019-07-22.
  18. ^ "Economy Class". NokScoot. Retrieved 1 May 2018.
  19. ^ "The Frills". NokScoot.

External links[edit]