Northern Burlington County Regional High School
|Northern Burlington County Regional High School|
|School district||Northern Burlington County Regional School District|
|Principal||Dr. Sally Lopez |
|Asst. principals||Brandon Bennett (Grade 9)|
Nancy Hoch (Grade 10 / 11)
Christopher Cataline (Grade 12)
|Enrollment||1,314 (as of 2015-16)|
|Student to teacher ratio||13.4:1|
|Color(s)|| Blue and|
|Athletics conference||Burlington County Scholastic League|
|Accreditation||Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools|
Northern Burlington County Regional High School is a four-year comprehensive public high school that serves students in ninth through twelfth grades from four communities in Burlington County, New Jersey, United States, as part of the Northern Burlington County Regional School District. Students are served from Chesterfield Township, Mansfield Township, North Hanover Township and Springfield Township, along with children of USAF personnel based at McGuire Air Force Base. First opening to students upon the completion of the current building in 1960, the school is located in the Columbus section of Mansfield Township. The school has been accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Secondary Schools since 1966.
As of the 2015-16 school year, the school had an enrollment of 1,314 students and 97.9 classroom teachers (on an FTE basis), for a student–teacher ratio of 13.4:1. There were 115 students (8.8% of enrollment) eligible for free lunch and 64 (4.9% of students) eligible for reduced-cost lunch.
Awards, recognition and rankings
The school was the 141st-ranked public high school in New Jersey out of 339 schools statewide in New Jersey Monthly magazine's September 2014 cover story on the state's "Top Public High Schools", using a new ranking methodology. The school had been ranked 156th in the state of 328 schools in 2012, after being ranked 186th in 2010 out of 322 schools listed. The magazine ranked the school 153rd in 2008 out of 316 schools. The school was ranked 184th in the magazine's September 2006 issue, which surveyed 316 schools across the state.
Schooldigger.com ranked the school 119th out of 381 public high schools statewide in its 2011 rankings (an increase of 2 positions from the 2010 ranking) which were based on the combined percentage of students classified as proficient or above proficient on the mathematics (86.1%) and language arts literacy (94.8%) components of the High School Proficiency Assessment (HSPA).
The Northern Burlington County Regional High School Greyhounds compete in the Liberty Division of the Burlington County Scholastic League (BCSL), which operates under the jurisdiction of the New Jersey State Interscholastic Athletic Association and consists of public and non-public high schools covering Burlington County, Mercer County and Ocean County in Central Jersey. With 1,020 students in grades 10-12, the school was classified by the NJSIAA for the 2015-16 school year as Central Jersey, Group III for most athletic competition purposes, which included schools with an enrollment of 822 to 1,068 students in that grade range. The school had previously competed in Group II, but the growth in the district's population has resulted in moving up to Group III. The football team competes in the Patriot Division of the 95-team West Jersey Football League superconference and was classified by the NJSIAA as Central Jersey Group IV for football for 2017-18.
The school's mascot is the Greyhound, and colors are blue and grey. In 2013, Northern Burlington's Board of Education officially branded and approved the school "NB" logo and school fight song.
- Sectional and district championships
- Baseball - 2015 Central Jersey Group III semifinals 
- Baseball - 2013 Central Jersey Group III
- Boys' basketball - 1972-73 South Jersey Group III
- Boys' bowling - 1996-97 South Jersey Group II
- Boys' soccer - 2001 South Jersey Group II
- Boys' track - 2012 Central Jersey Group III
- Field hockey - 1999 Central Jersey Group II
- Girls' basketball - 2003 South Jersey Group II
- Girls' volleyball - 2010 South Jersey Group II
- Golf - 2016 state champions
- Softball - 1980, 1982, 1992, 2002, 2005 South Jersey Group II
- Wrestling - 2000-01, 2004–05, 2005-06 2010-11, 2012–13, 2014-2015 District 25 champions
- Football - 1971 Undefeated (9-0) Delaware Valley League Champions
- Football - 1972 Undefeated (9-0) Delaware Valley League Champions
- State championships / football state sectional titles
- Football - 1980 undefeated (11-0) South Jersey Group II state champions and 1995 South Jersey Group II state champions (9-2)
- Girls' basketball - 2003 Group II state championship vs. Newton High School. 2003 South Jersey Group II vs. Haddonfield Memorial High School.
- Softball - 2002 Group II state championship vs. Pompton Lakes High School
At Northern there are many different activities for students to partake in there are about 50 clubs  some of these clubs include Interact, a community ethics club, where students join forces to help the community, such as Ten Thousand Villages Sale, Relay for Life, Care Bags for Kids, nursing home party. Another example being Video Club where students talk and help produce Northern TV, Northern's own television station which provides news to its sending districts.
Special Education Program
The Special Education Program at Northern Burlington Regional High School focuses on the promotion of tolerance and appreciation of diversity of all variations. The Northern Burlington Regional High School provides Special Education students with a multitude of programs, such as in-class support, a variety of resource classrooms, replacement classes customized to the individual's particular needs as well as a Multiple Disabilities/Autistic program. The Northern Burlington Regional High School has established a Special Services Department, including Speech, Language and Behavioral Therapists, Instructional Assists as well as Special Education teachers at both the middle and high school levels.
- Antron Brown, NHRA drag racer.
- Willie Drewrey (born 1963, class of 1981), former wide receiver who played in the NFL for nine seasons for the Houston Oilers and Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
- Michael Haynes (born 1980), defensive lineman who has played in the NFL for the Chicago Bears and New York Jets.
- Cedric Jackson (born 1986), basketball player who has played in the NBA for the Cleveland Cavaliers, San Antonio Spurs and Washington Wizards.
- District Profile, Northern Burlington County Regional School District. Accessed November 17, 2011.
- High School Administrative Staff, Northern Burlington County Regional High School. Accessed August 14, 2017.
- School data for Northern Burlington County Regional High School, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed February 12, 2018.
- Northern Burlington Regional High School, New Jersey State Interscholastic Athletic Association. Accessed May 31, 2016.
- Northern Burlington County Regional High School, Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Elementary and Secondary Schools. Accessed February 8, 2018.
- Northern Burlington County Regional School District 2016-17 Report Card Narrative, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed February 18, 2018. "Northern Burlington County Regional High School proudly serves students from Chesterfield, Mansfield, North Hanover, and Springfield Townships, as well as students from Joint Base McGuire-Dix Lakehurst."
- Staff. "Top Schools Alphabetical List 2014", New Jersey Monthly, September 2, 2014. Accessed September 5, 2014.
- Staff. "The Top New Jersey High Schools: Alphabetical", New Jersey Monthly, August 16, 2012. Accessed September 4, 2012.
- Staff. "2010 Top High Schools", New Jersey Monthly, August 16, 2010. Accessed February 13, 2011.
- "Top New Jersey High Schools 2008: By Rank", New Jersey Monthly, September 2008, posted August 7, 2008. Accessed August 19, 2008.
- New Jersey High School Rankings: 11th Grade HSPA Language Arts Literacy & HSPA Math 2010-2011, Schooldigger.com. Accessed March 4, 2012.
- League Memberships – 2016-2017, New Jersey State Interscholastic Athletic Association. Accessed May 20, 2017.
- General Public School Classifications 2015-2016, New Jersey State Interscholastic Athletic Association, as of July 8, 2014. Accessed September 23, 2014.
- Divisions, West Jersey Football League. Accessed September 25, 2017.
- NJSIAA Football Public School Classifications 2017-2018, New Jersey State Interscholastic Athletic Association, finalized August 2, 2017. Accessed September 25, 2017.
- "Northern Burlington Baseball Holds off Mainland 6-4 in Group 3 State Semifinals." - NJ.com. N.p., n.d. Web. 22 June 2015.
- History of the NJSIAA Field Hockey Championships, New Jersey State Interscholastic Athletic Association. Accessed January 8, 2017.
- Goldberg, Jeff. NJSIAA Football Playoff Champions, New Jersey State Interscholastic Athletic Association. Accessed November 19, 2015.
- NJSIAA Group Basketball Past Champions, New Jersey State Interscholastic Athletic Association. Accessed May 31, 2016.
- McGurk, Tom. "Defense powers N. Burlco - The girls blanketed Haddonfield to win their first sectional title with a 39-34 victory.", The Philadelphia Inquirer, March 12, 2003. Accessed May 31, 2016. "With a swarming defense and solid rebounding, the sixth-seeded Greyhounds captured the program's first-ever sectional title with a 39-34 victory over fifth-seeded Haddonfield in the South Jersey Group 2 championship game at Williamstown."
- Skaf, Lian. "Trio of scorers carries N. Burl. to Group 2 title", Courier-Post, March 12, 2003. Accessed August 18, 2007. "The trio combined for all of Northern Burlington's points with Davis scoring 17, Walton 14 and Gibbs eight as the Greyhounds beat Haddonfield 39-34 and captured the Group 2 championship at Williamstown."
- 2003 Girls Basketball - South, Group II, New Jersey State Interscholastic Athletic Association. Accessed August 18, 2007.
- Goldberg, Jeffrey. History of the NJSIAA Softball Championships, New Jersey State Interscholastic Athletic Association. Accessed October 15, 2013.
- Northern Burlington's Extracurricular Activities List
- Northern TV Homepage
- Helfand, Zach. "NHRA: Chesterfield's Antron Brown falls in second round, but impresses idol Don Garlits", The Trentonian, June 5, 2011. Accessed August 20, 2011. "In high school, Brown was a standout track and field athlete at Northern Burlington County Regional High School competing in the long jump and 100-meter dash. In 1997, his 100-meter time was good enough to qualify for the U.S. Olympic Trials."
- Willie Drewrey Archived 2007-09-30 at the Wayback Machine., database Football. Accessed December 8, 2007.
- Haugh, David. "Haynes hopes he's answer", Chicago Tribune, June 24, 2003. Accessed July 17, 2008. "They chose McGuire Air Force Base 18 miles south of Trenton, N.J., and Haynes attended nearby Northern Burlington High."
- Staff. "N. Burlington's Jackson verbally commits to St. John's", Courier-Post, April 22, 2004. Accessed February 13, 2011.
- Northern Burlington County Regional High School
- Northern Burlington County Regional School District
- Northern Burlington County Regional School District's 2015–16 School Report Card from the New Jersey Department of Education
- Data for the Northern Burlington County Regional School District, National Center for Education Statistics