Lowe at Monza in 2015
8 April 1962 |
|Alma mater||Sevenoaks School
Sidney Sussex College
University of Cambridge
|Occupation||Formula One Executive Technical Director|
|Employer||Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team|
Formula One career
In 1987 he was employed by Williams F1 as joint Head of Electronics.
Lowe moved to McLaren in 1993, when he was employed as Head of Research and Development, a department subsequently renamed Vehicle Technology. He was head of the department for eight years until 2001, when he was appointed Chief Engineer Systems Development, a role focusing on the race programme for the McLaren MP4-20. In May 2005 he assumed the role of Engineering Director, which gave him responsibility for all the engineering departments. In January 2011 Lowe became the team's Technical Director.
In 2015 Lowe was elected a Fellow of the Royal Academy of Engineering. Along with his elder brother Professor Michael Lowe they are the first brothers to be elected Fellows of the Academy.
Formula One World Championships
- 1992 - Nigel Mansell - Williams FW14B
- 1998 - Mika Häkkinen - McLaren MP4/13
- 1999 - Mika Häkkinen
- 2008 - Lewis Hamilton
- 2014 - Lewis Hamilton - Mercedes F1 W05 Hybrid
- 2015 - Lewis Hamilton - Mercedes F1 W06 Hybrid
Lowe is married to Anna Danshina, screen actress and former President of the Oxford University Russian Society. He has two children from a previous relationship: Noah and Finty, whose photograph with Nico Rosberg (which was "photobombed" by Lewis Hamilton) went viral in 2014.
- "New McLaren technical team looks back". GrandPrix.com. 27 January 2011. Retrieved 9 August 2013.
- "Team McLaren-Technical Team". mclaren.com. Archived from the original on 2008-01-25. Retrieved 2008-02-15.
- "Lowe becomes McLaren's tech director". autosport.com. 2011-01-27. Retrieved 2011-01-27.
- "Paddy Lowe to join Mercedes early". grandprix.com. 2013-05-20. Retrieved 2013-10-24.
- "'Brawn not threatened by Lowe's arrival'". PlanetF1.com. 29 June 2013. Retrieved 9 August 2013.
- "Paddy Lowe on Twitter". twitter.com. Retrieved 11 June 2016.
|This Formula One biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|