Pakistan Educational Research Network
The Pakistan Education and Research Network (PERN) connects universities and research institutes through high-speed Internet bandwidth. The main purpose of this network is to facilitate researchers/students in sharing data and to coordinate with each other though video conferencing. Currently 56 Pakistani educational institutes are interconnected; in the future the PERN-II project would further include 59 other educational institutes national-wide at speeds of up to 10 Gbps.
List of universities interconnected
- Reference of table Connection summary
- Column heading of Cities: Islamabad Lahore and Karachi Represent "Location of Routers" placed in.
Membership and affiliation
- PERN (Pakistan Educational Research Network) is primary member of APAN (Asia-Pacific Advanced network) Reference
- PERN has mirror site of MIT OpenCourseWare,
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (July 2010)|
- Higher Education Commission
- Pakistan Academy of Sciences
- Hussain Ebrahim Jamal Research Institute of Chemistry