Rapido toy in robot mode (pink window version)
|Sub-group||Axelerators, Deluxe Vehicles|
|Motto||"The deadliest weapon you can have is a sharp mind."
"How do you say? Ah, yes, purament magnifico! Meaning you can fight with style!" (Timelines)
|Alternate modes||Race car, Nissan 350Z race car|
|Series||Transformers: Generation 1
Transformers: Generation 2
Transformers: Generation 1
Rapido (called Sirius in Italy) is one of the most brilliant Autobots who ever lived. Serving as platoon leader, Rapido took command of the Autobot army following the departure of Optimus Prime some four million years ago. He is an unparalleled mastermind when it comes to warfare strategy, executing them with a skilled methodology that few can match. Sophisticated ideas come easily to him; his plans are typically so mind-bogglingly complex that only he fully understands them. He believes in logic and reasoning, refusing to allow the irrational to cloud his thinking. His archive of knowledge and uncanny knack for anticipating every possible detail has won him the reverence of many of his comrades, making him one of the most respected Autobot commanders in history. He directly leads the Autobot Axelerators team, Scram, Turbofire and Windbreaker, on missions.
Rapido has nearly unmatched speed and intelligence. He is nearly fearless, strong and has incredible firepower. He can turn into a Cybertonian race car capable of speeds of over 245 mph. His engine also works as a powerful blaster which can be used in either mode, and offers impressive firepower. Rapido is a powerful fighter, but his real strength lies in his ability to out calculate his opponents.
Rapido's penchant for depending on intellect and logic sometimes prevents him from seeing the side of the equation not governed solely by rhyme or reason.
Rapido made a brief cameo appearance in a crowd of Autobots on Cybertron listening to Prowl speak during the third issue of the third volume of the Dreamwave Generation One comic. He did not have any lines.
Rapido was among the troops under the command of Spark on Earth.
Rapido appears in "A Flash Forward" by Fun Publications. In this story Ultra Magnus travels to Autobot City an assigns Spark, Rapido and Sizzle to investigate a theft from Quantum Laboratories.
The Axelerators are among the characters appearing in the unlicensed comic book Transformers Chronicles Book One by Hirofumi Ichikawa. This story has them work with Smokescreen and fight the Skyscorchers.
- Generation 1 Axelerator Rapido (1993)
- The Axelerators were originally released in 1993 as Generation 1 European exclusive toys, then in the U.S. and Europe as part of the Generation 2 line. European versions had pink windows, while U.S. versions had smoke colored windows. Like all Axelerators, his vehicle mode engine became his robot mode gun.
- Timelines Deluxe Rapido (2010)
- A BotCon 2010 exclusive red remold of Universe Silverstreak with a new head sculpt and decals inspired by the original Axelerator toy. As a running gag of the figure's name, his tech specs were printed in Spanish; the English tech specs were later on posted on the BotCon homepage. Bundled with Cindersaur.
- TFU.info - Rapido
- Greg Sepelak & Trent Troop (w), Robby Musso (p), Robby Musso & Frank Milkovich (i). "Generation 2: Redux" Transformers Timelines v2, 5 (Summer, 2010), Fort Worth, Texas: Fun Publications
- Jesse Wittenrich & Pete Sinclair (w), Thomas Deer (p), Matt Frank (i), Thomas Deer (col), Jesse Wittenrich (let), Pete Sinclair (ed). "A Flash Forward Part 2" The Transformers Collectors Club 44 (April/May 2012), Fun Publications
- Brereton, Erin (2006). Transformers: The Fantasy, The Fun, The Future. Triumph Books. p. 22. ISBN 1-57243-983-1.