Ricky's All Day Grill
|Headquarters||Burnaby, BC, Canada|
Ricky's All Day Grill is a restaurant chain in western Canada. The restaurant was founded in the 1960s as a family breakfast house. The first location in eastern Canada opened in Peterborough, Ontario in November 2007.
Al Sheren opened the first Ricky's, naming the chain after his son, Ricky. This was Ricky's Pancake House & Chicken and it opened in the early 1960s in Park Royal Shopping Centre in West Vancouver, BC. Park Royal had just opened and it was the first indoor mall in Canada.
Roy Hildebrand bought a franchise in 1979 and became the franchisor in 1982. Roy and his family quickly expanded the chain, opening locations throughout Western Canada. In those early days, pancakes topped the menu and guests were treated to ample portions of good food and good service that made them feel like they were at home.
Frank Di Benedetto acquired Ricky's in 1997 as majority owner, President and CEO. Frank transformed the chain, adding higher standards, stylized décor and a new name. Ricky's All Day Grill. Ricky's was now open for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Ricky's All Day Grill has become one of the fastest growing mid-scale family restaurants in Canada with 65 locations chain wide.
- Korstrom, Glen (January 27, 2014). "Owner of Fatburger Canada and Ricky's All Day Grill plans acquisition". Business Vancouver.
- "Taste Regina: Ricky's All-Day Grill dishes up a new identity - Video". www.leaderpost.com. Retrieved 25 April 2015.
- "B.C. restaurateur Frank Di Benedetto adds 28-location chain to holdings". www.vancouversun.com. Retrieved 25 April 2015.
- "A good ol’ family grill house". therecord.com. Retrieved 25 April 2015.
- "Owner of Fatburger Canada and Ricky's All Day Grill plans acquisition". Business In Vancouver. Retrieved 25 April 2015.
- "Successful B.C. franchisor buys ABC Country Restaurant chain". Business In Vancouver. Retrieved 25 April 2015.
|This Canada-based restaurant or restaurant chain article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|