Salisbury station (North Carolina)
Entrance to the historic Salisbury Station
|Location||Depot and Liberty Streets
|Owned by||Historic Salisbury Foundation|
|Platforms||1 side platform|
|Passengers (2013)||31,539 14%|
Salisbury Southern Railroad Passenger Depot
|Location||E side of Depot St. between Kerr and Council Sts., Salisbury, North Carolina|
|Area||4 acres (1.6 ha)|
|Architect||Milburn, Frank P.|
|Architectural style||Mission/spanish Revival|
|NRHP Reference #||75001290|
|Added to NRHP||July 30, 1975|
Salisbury is an Amtrak station located in Salisbury, North Carolina. It is served by three passenger trains: the Crescent, the Carolinian, and the Piedmont. The street address is Depot and Liberty Streets, and is located in the heart of historic downtown Salisbury.
The station was constructed in 1908 by the Southern Railroad and was designed by Frank P. Milburn in the Spanish Mission Style. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1975, but was nearly demolished until it was bought by the Historic Salisbury Foundation in 1984. Renovations began in 1993 and were completed by 1996, although NCDOT gave the foundation extra funding in 1999 to enlarge the waiting room. It is located in the Salisbury Railroad Corridor Historic District.
- "Amtrak Fact Sheet, FY2013, State of North Carolina" (PDF). Amtrak. November 2013. Retrieved 3 December 2013.
- Staff (2010-07-09). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- Robert Topkins and Mary Alice Hinson (June 1975). "Salisbury Southern Railroad Passenger Depot" (pdf). National Register of Historic Places - Nomination and Inventory. North Carolina State Historic Preservation Office. Retrieved 2015-02-01.
- Salisbury Station (NCDOT Rail)
- Salisbury Station (Historic Salisbury Foundation)
Media related to Salisbury station (North Carolina) at Wikimedia Commons
- Amtrak – Stations – Salisbury, NC
- Salisbury Amtrak Station (USA Rail Guide -- Train Web)
- Salisbury, NC (SAL) (Amtrak's Great American Stations)
|This article about a property in Rowan County, North Carolina on the National Register of Historic Places is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This North Carolina train station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|