Samsung C&T Corporation
|Traded as||KRX: 028260|
|Headquarters||Samsung Town, Seoul, South Korea|
|Chi Hun Choi, President & CEO
Shin Kim, President & CEO (Trading & Investment Group)
Ju Hwa Yoon, President & CEO (Fashion Group)
Bong Yung Kim , President & CEO (Resort & Construction Group)
|Services||Construction and Civil Engineering|
|Revenue||KRW 5.1 Trillion (2014)|
|Total assets||KRW 9.5 trillion (2014)|
Number of employees
Samsung C&T Corporation (C&T = Construction&Trading) (formerly Samsung Corporation) (Korean: 삼성물산), was founded in 1938 as a parent company of Samsung Group. In 1975, Samsung C&T was designated as the first general trading company by the Korean government to lead overseas sales operations. After the merger with Samsung Construction in December 1995, Samsung C&T has engaged in global business with offices in around 50 countries.
Samsung Everland, established in 1963 with a mission for land development, has been leading the service industry in Korea by expanding its business scope to resort, food and beverage, and construction. In December 2013, Samsung Everland acquired Cheil Industries Fashion Group, a prominent industry player founded in 1954. It has changed its company name to Cheil Industries following the merger, and has focused on projects related to lifestyle design.
The merger of Samsung C&T and Cheil Industries in September 2015 will combine their reputation as leaders in respective industries. Following the merger, Samsung C&T aims to become a global business partner and lifestyle innovator in fashion, food, housing, leisure and bio businesses with its Engineering & Construction, Trading & Investment, Fashion and Resort Groups.
Engineering & Construction Group
Samsung C&T Engineering & Construction Group has proven expertise for engineering, procurement, and construction for 38 years. The Group is committed to becoming a top construction company with constant pursuit of growth and excellence.
- The Petronas Twin Towers in Malaysia are 452 meters high (88 floors) and are ranked the 7th tallest in the world. The Taipei 101 in Taiwan is 508 meters tall (101 floors) and the 4th tallest in the world. The Burj Khalifa in Dubai is 828 meters tall (162 floors) and by far the tallest building in the world. Samsung C&T built Tower 2 of the Petronas towers (the first one completed) as well as the Taipei 101 and the Burj Khalifa, three of the world's ten tallest buildings.
- Industrial Plants & Power Plants
- UAE Shuweihat S2 IWPP (1,510MW)
- UAE Baraka Nuclear Power Plant Unit 1,2,3,4 (5,600MW)
- UAE EMAL Phase 2 CCGT (1,023MW)
- Saudi Qurayyah IPP CCGT (3,927MW)
- Saudi Rabigh 2 IPP CCGT (2,060MW)
- Algeria Mostaganem CCGT (1,450MW)
- Algeria Nama CCGT (1,163MW)
- Malaysia Prai CCGT (1,071MW)
- South Korea Dongducheon IPP CCGT (1,880MW)
- South Korea Uljin Nuclear Power Plant Unit 5,6 (2,000MW)
- South Korea Sinwolseong Nuclear Power Plant Unit 1,2 (2,000MW)
- Singapore GMR CCGT (760MW)
- Singapore LNG Terminal
- Civil Infrastructure
- Samsung C&T built the Yeongjong Bridge, the world’s first three-dimensional self-anchored suspension bridge, as well as the Incheon Grand Bridge, the world’s fifth longest cable-stayed bridge.
- Australia Roy Hill Mining Project
- UAE Al Salam Tunnel/Underground Roadway
- UAE Deep Tunnel Sewerage System
- Qatar Lusail Road Construction
- Qatar Doha Metro
- Saudi Riyadh Metro
- South Korea Busan New Port
- Housing & Building
- Reliance Mumbai convention center. Cited to be on par with Dubai and Singapore convention centres. On same grounds of Madison Square gardens.
- UAE Cleveland Clinic
- Saudi Tadawul Tower
- Saudi Al Rajhi Bank Head Office
- South Korea Dongdaemun Design Plaza
- Raemian Apartment, National Customer Satisfaction Index (NCSI) Award for 18 consecutive years
Trading & Investment Group
Samsung C&T’s Trading & Investment Group focuses on trading and organizing: Trading of industrial commodities such as chemicals, steel and natural resources, and organizing projects such as power plant, renewable energy and infrastructure development.
- Energy & Environment - Power Generation, Bio Energy, Plant
- Chile BHP Kelar CCGT (517MW)
- Canada Ontario Wind Farm
- Mexico Manzanillo LNG terminal
- Natural Resources - Oil/Gas, Coal, n, Metals & Minerals
- Industrial Materials - Steel, Chemicals, Electronics, Textiles
The Fashion Group has accumulated success story in fashion industry with brands in men’s clothing and casual clothing such as GALAXY and BEANPOLE.
Samsung C&T Fashion Group has built on its previous experiences to diversify its business portfolio with accessories, children’s and outdoor clothing lines and expand into women’s clothing with brands including KUHO and LeBeige, and fast-fashion (SPA) brand 8seconds. This extensive line of brands has enabled the Fashion Group to successfully cement its leading status in fashion industry in Korea.
The Fashion Group is also devoted to contributing to fashion industry via diverse channels, such as Samsung Fashion Institution that comprises of a group of outstanding experts, and Samsung Design Net (www.samsungdesign.net), the largest fashion-related database in Korea. In addition, Samsung Fashion Design Fund (SFDF) affords many opportunities for aspiring young designers to fulfill their dreams.
By accelerating entry into the global fashion market by developing preeminent brand like Juun J, it is making its ascent as a global fashion company that not only leads the Korean fashion industry but also aims to promote the brilliance of Korean fashion in the world.
Resort & Construction Group
Since its foundation in 1963 with the mission of land development, the Resort & Construction group has expanded its business scope to resort, golf, food and beverage, energy and landscaping and construction. Its history is full of breakthroughs and innovations, such as opening the first family amusement park and being designated as the first Energy Service Company in Korea. The Group is committed to enriching people’s lives through its various service projects that are closely related to living, including Everland resort, golf course, construction and food and beverage.
- Samsung Group
- Samsung Engineering
- Samsung Electronics
- Samsung Life Insurance
- Samsung Heavy Industries
- Samsung SDS
- http://www.samsungcnt.com/EN/cnt/co/101010/html.do. Missing or empty
- Samsung C&T Corporation - Official Website
- Engineering & Construction Group - Official Website
- Trading & Investment Group - Official Website
- Fashion Group - Official Website
- Resort & Construction Group - Official Website
- Samsung C&T, E&C Americas - Official Website
- Raemian (Korean)