Sisterhood Is Global
Cover of the first edition
|Media type||Print (hardcover and paperback)|
|Preceded by||Sisterhood is Powerful: An Anthology of Writings From The Women's Liberation Movement (1970)|
|Followed by||Sisterhood Is Forever: The Women's Anthology for a New Millennium (2003)|
Sisterhood Is Global: The International Women's Movement Anthology is a feminist anthology edited by Robin Morgan, published by Anchor Press/Doubleday in 1984. Sisterhood Is Global: The International Women's Movement Anthology is the follow up to Sisterhood is Powerful: An Anthology of Writings From The Women's Liberation Movement (1970). After Sisterhood Is Global: The International Women's Movement Anthology came its follow-up, Sisterhood Is Forever: The Women's Anthology for a New Millennium (2003).
Made up of short essays by women who represent more than 80 countries, Sisterhood Is Global "was hailed as 'an historic publishing event,' 'an instant classic,' and 'the definitive text on the international women's movement,' and adopted widely as a course text in women's studies, international affairs, global economics, and several other disciplines", as Morgan has acknowledged.
Among the women contributing essays are: Mahnaz Afkhami (Iran), Marjorie Agosin (Chile), Ama Ata Aidoo (Ghana), Shulamit Aloni (Israel), Peggy Antrobus (Caribbean), Berit Ås (Norway), Simone de Beauvoir (France), Cheryl Benard (Austria), Motlalepula Chabaku (South Africa), Nguyen Thi Dinh (Vietnam), Lidia Falcon (Spain), Patricia Giles (Australia), Hema Goonatilake (Sri Lanka), Keiko Higuchi (Japan), Rada Iveković (Yugoslavia), Devaki Jain (India), Nell McCafferty (Ireland), Tatyana Mamonova (USSR), Fatima Mernissi (Morocco), Irmtraud Morgner (East Germany), 'Molara Ogundipe-Leslie (Nigeria), Maria de Lourdes Pintasilgo (Portugal), Nawal El Saadawi (Egypt), Edit Schlaffer (Austria), Ngahuia Te Awekotuku (New Zealand), Ana Titkow (Poland), Mallica Vajrathon (Thailand), Sima Wali (Afghanistan), Marilyn Waring (New Zealand), and Xiao Lu (China).
- 1984, New York: Anchor Press/Doubleday
- 1985, London: Penguin Books
- 1996, Feminist Press at The City University of New York, ISBN 978-1558611603
- Robin Morgan (Editor) Author. "9780385177979: Sisterhood is Global: The International Women's Movement Anthology - AbeBooks: 0385177976". AbeBooks. Retrieved October 15, 2015.
- "Table of Contents: Sisterhood is global :". Catalog.vsc.edu. Retrieved October 15, 2015.
- "BOOKS | An Interview With Robin Morgan". Hybridmagazine.Com. Retrieved October 15, 2015.
- "Bio". RobinMorgan.com. Archived from the original on February 20, 2012. Retrieved March 14, 2012.
- Elizabeth Wilson, Review of Sisterhood Is Global, in Signs (University of Chicago Press), Vol. 11, No. 2 (Winter 1986), pp. 390–392.
- Robin Morgan, Foreword to The Feminist Press edition, Sisterhood Is Global. Feminist.com.
- "Table of Contents", Sisterhood is Global: The International Women's Movement Anthology. Amazon.