Terre Noire, Nova Scotia
Terre Noire is a small Acadian community in the Canadian province of Nova Scotia, located in Inverness County on Cape Breton Island. It is located about four miles north of Margaree Harbour and south of Cap LeMoine on the Cabot Trail. It is named for the dark soil in the area.
- Biagi, Susan & Vaughan, Keith. Touring the Cabot Trail, p.22 (2005) (ISBN 978-0887806582)
- "Terre Noire". Geographical Names Data Base. Natural Resources Canada. Retrieved 12 May 2018.
- Place-names and places of Nova Scotia, p.669 (1974), Retrieved April 1, 2010
- "The spectacular Cabot Trail". The Gazette (Montreal). June 14, 1980. Retrieved April 1, 2010.
- Turnbull, Robert & Fisher, Robert C. Canada 1983 (1982)
- Nova Scotia Travel Bureau. Nova Scotia tour book: an official guide to the highways of Nova Scotia p. 118 (1956)("Terre Noire (pop 101). The name means 'black ground,' given because of the dark texture of the soil.")
|This Inverness County, Nova Scotia location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|