- The five pillars of Wikipedia
- How to edit a page
- Editing tutorial
- Picture tutorial
- How to write a great article
- Naming conventions
- Manual of Style
- Please bear these points in mind while editing Wikipedia
- Respect copyrights – do not copy and paste text or images directly from other websites.
- Maintain a neutral point of view – this is one of Wikipedia's core policies.
- Take particular care while adding biographical material about a living person to any Wikipedia page and follow Wikipedia's Biography of Living Persons policy. Particularly, controversial and negative statements should be referenced with multiple reliable sources.
- No edit warring or sock puppetry.
- If you are testing, please use the Sandbox to .
- Do not add troublesome content to any article, such as: copyrighted text, libel, advertising or promotional messages, and text that is not related to an article's subject. Deliberately adding such content or otherwise editing articles maliciously is considered vandalism; doing so will result in your account or IP being blocked from editing.
- Do not use talk pages as discussion or forum pages as Wikipedia is not a forum.
The Wikipedia tutorial is a good place to start learning about Wikipedia. If you have any questions, see the help pages, add a question to the village pump or ask me on my talk page. By the way, you can sign your name on Talk and discussion pages using four tildes, like this: ~~~~ (the software will replace them with your signature and the date). Again, welcome! McDoobAU93 22:34, 19 February 2012 (UTC)
Category:Best Original Music Score Academy Award winners
Would you care to explain why you are removing this from films without any comments? The article itself says "List of movies and people that have been awarded..." BollyJeff || talk 23:15, 19 February 2012 (UTC)
Current/Past Members of the Beatles
Thanks for your work here at wikipedia. Please be aware that when you add categories like "Tony Award Winners" to various plays and musicals that a) it must be the play that won the award and b) there must be sourced info in the article about the play winning the award. If someone who worked in the play - either onstage or off - wins a Tony that does not qualify the play as a Tony Award winner. If you can you should go back through your recent entries and remove the cat when it has been incorrectly placed that would be a big help. Thanks for your efforts they are appreciated. MarnetteD | Talk 00:35, 28 February 2014 (UTC)
- I've nommed it for deletion, here. However, I appreciate your enthusiastic work.--Wehwalt (talk) 18:42, 28 February 2014 (UTC)
You appear to be eligible to vote in the current Arbitration Committee election. The Arbitration Committee is the panel of editors responsible for conducting the Wikipedia arbitration process. It has the authority to enact binding solutions for disputes between editors, primarily related to serious behavioural issues that the community has been unable to resolve. This includes the ability to impose site bans, topic bans, editing restrictions, and other measures needed to maintain our editing environment. The arbitration policy describes the Committee's roles and responsibilities in greater detail. If you wish to participate, you are welcome to review the candidates' statements and submit your choices on the voting page. For the Election committee, MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 14:27, 24 November 2015 (UTC)
Please do not add or change content, as you did at List of Happy Tree Friends characters, without citing a reliable source. Please review the guidelines at Wikipedia:Citing sources and take this opportunity to add references to the article. Diff:  I don't particularly care whether the character Cuddles is depicted as male or female, but the gender has been changed numerous times over the last few days and your change was neither sourced, nor adequately explained. Please do not resubmit the content without providing a source for the character's gender, as doing so will be considered disruptive. Cyphoidbomb (talk) 04:43, 26 December 2015 (UTC)
You may be blocked from editing without further warning the next time you add unsourced material to Wikipedia, as you did at List of Happy Tree Friends characters. Diff:  You still haven't provided a reference for the character's gender, and your reversion, with its lack of explanation or new reference only continues a disruptive editing pattern. If the content is reverted and you change it back without providing a reference, I will have no alternative but to block your account, since discussion and referencing are crucial parts of the collaborative process. Cyphoidbomb (talk) 15:50, 27 December 2015 (UTC)
- 456wert, While it was nice that you added this, Wikia is a garbage reference because it is user-contributed just like IMDb, TVTropes, TV.com and even Wikipedia itself. See WP:RS/IMDb, WP:RS, WP:UGC, WP:TVFAQ. Another editor has restored the 'female' claim, so now you're going to have to dig for a reliable source, i.e. one that has an established reputation for fact-checking and a clear editorial policy. Alternatively, you could cite episodes where characters refer to Cuddles as either "he" or "she". Use Template:Cite AV media. And while after seeing some clips I think that this is probably not correct, you've done very little to properly source the disputed gender or even to participate in discussion, so at present I can't help you out. Good luck! Cyphoidbomb (talk) 01:54, 28 December 2015 (UTC)