Wikipedia:Selected anniversaries/March 22
This is a list of selected March 22 anniversaries that appears on the "On this day" section of the Main Page. To suggest a new item, in most cases you can be bold and edit this page. Please read the selected anniversaries guidelines before making your edit. However, if your addition might be controversial, or on a day that is or soon will be on the Main Page, please post your suggestion on the talk page instead.
Please note that the events listed on the Main Page are chosen based more on relative article quality and to maintain a mix of topics, not based solely on how important or significant their subjects are. Only 5–6 events are posted at a time and thus not everything that is "most important and significant" can be listed. In addition, an event is not generally posted this year if it is also the subject of the scheduled March 22, 2018 featured article or the March 22, 2018 featured picture.
To report an error when this appears on the Main Page, see Main Page errors. Please remember that this list defers to the supporting articles, so it is best to achieve consensus and make any necessary changes there first.
- 238 – Because of his father's advanced age, Gordian II was proclaimed joint Roman emperor with Gordian I.
- 1784 – The Emerald Buddha (pictured) was installed in its current location at the Wat Phra Kaew on the grounds of the Grand Palace in Bangkok.
- 1933 – The Holocaust: Construction of the first Nazi concentration camp at Dachau was completed.
- 1942 – Second World War: The Royal Navy confronted Italy's Regia Marina at the Second Battle of Sirte in the Mediterranean Sea near the Gulf of Sirte.
- 1992 – USAir Flight 405 crashed shortly after liftoff from New York City's LaGuardia Airport, killing 27 people and leading to studies of the effects of ice on aircraft.