From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Centuries:||12th century – 13th century – 14th century|
|Decades:||1180s 1190s 1200s – 1210s – 1220s 1230s 1240s|
|Years:||1208 1209 1210 – 1211 – 1212 1213 1214|
|1211 by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Art and literature|
|1211 in poetry|
|Ab urbe condita||1964|
|Bahá'í calendar||−633 – −632|
|English Regnal year||12 Joh. 1 – 13 Joh. 1|
|Chinese calendar||庚午年 (Metal Horse)
3907 or 3847
— to —
辛未年 (Metal Goat)
3908 or 3848
|- Vikram Samvat||1267–1268|
|- Shaka Samvat||1133–1134|
|- Kali Yuga||4312–4313|
|Japanese calendar||Jōgen (Kamakura period) 5 / Kenryaku 1
|Minguo calendar||701 before ROC
|Thai solar calendar||1754|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 1211.|
- September 14 – Canons Regular of the Order of the Holy Cross are founded in Liège.
- October 15 – Battle of the Rhyndacus: the Latin emperor Henry of Flanders defeats the Nicaean emperor Theodore I Lascaris.
- Troops led by Estonian resistance fighter Lembitu of Lehola destroy a garrison of missionaries in the historical Estonian region of Sakala, and raid the town of Pskov in the Novgorod Republic.
- Mongol forces under Genghis Khan invade Jin Dynasty China, aiming at this stage simply to loot the countryside. A Chinese army is defeated and slaughtered at the Battle of the Badger Mouth near Zhangjiakou and another is beaten at Mukden, where the city is taken. Beijing is also besieged by the Mongol hordes.
- The church in the French city of Reims burns down; soon after, construction begins on Reims Cathedral.
- King John of England sends a gift of herrings to nunneries in almost every shire despite his status as an excommunicant.
- The oldest extant double-entry bookkeeping system record dates from this year.
- Warren, W. L. (1961). King John. Berkeley: University of California Press. p. 172.