|Munich Security Conference (February 4, 2006)|
|People's Deputy of Ukraine|
15 December 2012 – 17 January 2014
|Minister of Defence of Ukraine|
February 4, 2005 – December 18, 2007
|Preceded by||Oleksandr Kuzmuk|
|Succeeded by||Yuriy Yekhanurov|
October 25, 1957 |
Cherkasy Oblast, Ukrainian SSR
|Political party||Civil Position|
|Spouse(s)||Yuliya Volodymyrivna Mostova
Ludmila Mikhailivna (1st)
Hlib Rozumkov (1998, stepson)
Hrytsenko was a candidate for President of Ukraine in the 2010 Ukrainian presidential elections, during the election he received 1,2% of the votes. In the second round he called on voting against both candidates (Yulia Tymoshenko and Viktor Yanukovych).
Civil Position gained one seat in the Ternopil city council during the 2010 Ukrainian local elections. During the 2012 Ukrainian parliamentary election. Hrytsenko was elected into parliament as 3rd on the electoral list of Batkivshchyna. Hrytsenko did not sign the November 2012 oppositional forces Batkivshchyna, UDAR and Svoboda joint action plan "I did not sign this document because I offered another action plan, but it was not supported”; but did state he would fulfil it. On 18 May 2013 the faction of Batkivshchyna demanded that Hrytsenko (who was a member of the Batkivshchyna faction) would resign from parliament. Hrytsenko agreed to do that if Batkivshchyna faction leader Arseniy Yatseniuk would do the same. Hrytsenko eventually left the faction on 14 January 2014 "Due to [my] inability to influence the decisions that are taken by the Batkivschyna faction". Yatseniuk immediately responded by saying the faction hoped that after leaving the faction Hrytsenko would resign from parliament (also); and also added "People blinded by their own ambitions do much harm to the team's struggle". On 17 January 2014 Hrytsenko submitted a letter of resignation to parliament.
- June 23, 1979 graduated with honors from Kiev Higher Military Aviation Engineering School
- December 10, 1984 assigned Candidate of Science (Ph.D.) degree from Kiev Higher Military Aviation Engineering School
- 1993 graduated from Defense Language Institute, U.S. Department of Defense
- June 6, 1994 graduated from Resident Program of U.S. Air War College
- October 30, 1995 graduated from Academy of the Armed Forces of Ukraine
- You Scratch My Back, and I’ll Scratch Yours, The Ukrainian Week (26 September 2012)
- Hrytsenko resigns from parliament, Interfax-Ukraine (17 January 2014)
- "Order of President on appointment of Anatoliy Hrytsenko on Ukraine Minister of Defence position". 2005-02-04.
- "Order of President on dismissal of Oleksandr Kuzmuk from Ukraine Minister of Defence position". 2005-02-03.
- (Ukrainian) Політична партія „Громадянська позиція“, Database DA-TA
- Western Ukrainian intelligentsia calls on candidates for president to withdraw in favor of Tymoshenko, Interfax-Ukraine (October 1, 2009)
- Civil Position organization has chance to become 160th political party, Radio Ukraine (December 11, 2008)
- "Hrytsenko joins the fight for the presidency". URA-Inform (in Russian). May 28, 2009. Retrieved 2009-06-15.
- (Ukrainian) ЦВК оприлюднила офіційні результати 1-го туру виборів, Gazeta.ua (January 25, 2010)
- Tymoshenko’s Looming Defeat: How Did She Make It Inevitable?, Serhiy Kudelia (January 29, 2010)
- (Ukrainian) Results of the elections, preliminary data, on interactive maps by Ukrayinska Pravda (November 8, 2010)
- (Ukrainian) Список депутатів нової Верховної Ради, Ukrayinska Pravda (11 November 2012)
- They Call Themselves the Opposition, The Ukrainian Week (31 August 2012)
- Hrytsenko refused to sign statement of opposition, UNIAN (13.11.2012)
- Batkivschyna demands Hrytsenko resign as MP, Interfax-Ukraine (18 June 2013)
- Hrytsenko agrees to abandon parliamentary seat, Ukrainian Television and Radio (18 June 2013)
- MP Hrytsenko leaving Batkivschyna faction, Interfax-Ukraine ( January 2014)
- Batkivschyna faction leader expects Hrytsenko to resign from parliament, Interfax-Ukraine (14 January 2014)
- "Diploma of Kyiv Military Aviation School".
- "PhD from Kyiv Military Aviation School".
- "Diploma of Air University".
|Minister of Defense