Laurel Lake Wildlife Management Area
|Laurel Lake Wildlife Management Area|
|West Virginia Wildlife Management Area|
|Elevation||790 ft (240.8 m) |
|Area||12,856 acres (5,202.6 ha) |
|Management||West Virginia Division of Natural Resources|
|Owner||Cotiga Development Corporation and WVDNR|
|IUCN category||IV - Habitat/Species government Area|
|Nearest town||Kermit, West Virginia|
|Wikimedia Commons: Laurel Lake Wildlife Management Area|
|Website: Laurel Lake WMA|
Laurel Lake Wildlife Management Area is located in Mingo County, West Virginia about 17 miles (27 km) east of Kermit. Located on 12,856 acres (5,203 ha) of steep terrain with narrow valleys and ridgetops, the WMA contains second growth mixed hardwoods and hemlock with thick understory of mountain laurel and rhododendron.
To reach Laurel Lake WMA from Kermit follow U.S. Route 52 south about 6.5 miles (10.5 km) to Naugatuck at the intersection of West Virginia Route 65. Then follow WV 65 about 4.5 miles (7.2 km) to Lenore. From Lenore, follow Old Norfolk & Western Railroad Bed Road (County Route 3/5) east about 6 miles (9.7 km) to Laurel Lake.
Hunting and Fishing 
See also 
- Acme Mapper 2.0, Laurel Lake WMA, retrieved October 31, 2008
- "Laurel Lake WMA page". WV Division of Natural Resources. Retrieved 2008-11-02.
- "Laurel Lake Wildlife Management Area". West Virginia Division of Natural Resources. Retrieved 2009-09-07.
- Laurel Lake WMA web site
- West Virginia DNR District 5 Wildlife Management Areas
- West Virginia Hunting Regulations
- West Virginia Fishing Regulations