Currey Road Bridge
Currey Road Bridge, officially known as Mahadev Palav Marg, is a critical road connecting the neighbourhoods of Parel and Lower Parel in Mumbai, India. The stone-made bridge was built in 1915. Currey Road Bridge connects Babasaheb Ambedkar Road near Bharatmata theater on the east and NM Joshi Marg towards Lower Parel in the west. Currey Road Bridge is an important connecting link between Babasaheb Ambedkar Road and Delisle Road, both of which provide north-south connectivity in Mumbai. The road witnesses heavy office-going traffic, as it connects Lalbaug and Parel with NM Joshi Marg.
The Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority (MMRDA) demolished the two-feet thick, and nearly 12-15 feet in height, bridge wall at three places in 2014 to erect pillars for Line 1 of the Mumbai Monorail. The monorail structure passes over Lalbaug flyover at Bharat Mata junction, before crossing over the Central Railway tracks and joining the Delisle Road stretch. Two elevated monorail stations will be located near Bharat Mata and at Delisle Road. After crossing the Lalbaug flyover, the monorail line turns right after Bharat Mata and runs parallel to the Currey Road bridge, before crossing the railway tracks and reaching NM Joshi Marg. A total of 20 piers and 38 girders were constructed on Currey Bridge Road for the monorail, and precast cement girders were laid over the Lalbaug flyover after the pillars were cast.
- "Currey Road Bridge closed from tomorrow". The Indian Express. 2012-12-13. Retrieved 2014-06-02.
- Sujit Mahamulkar (27 May 2014). "Parts of 99-year-old Currey Road bridge broken down for Monorail". Mid Day. Retrieved 2014-06-02.
- Chittaranjan Tembhekar (2012-12-11). "Currey Road bridge to be shut till April for monorail work". The Times Of India. Retrieved 2013-06-24.
- Chittaranjan Tembhekar (2012-12-09). "Monorail work: Currey Road bridge temporarily shut". The Times Of India. Retrieved 2013-06-24.
- Marpakwar, Chaitanya (2012-12-13). "Currey Road bridge to be closed for four months from Friday". Mumbai Mirror. Retrieved 2013-06-25.
- Sujit Mahamulkar and Ranjeet Jadhav (27 May 2014). "Currey Road bridge may open to traffic in monsoon". Mid Day. Retrieved 2014-06-02.