|This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2012)|
ESAB, Elektriska Svetsnings-Aktiebolaget (English: Electric Welding Limited company), is a Swedish industrial company.
The company was founded by Oscar Kjellberg. In 1904 he pioneered the development of manual metal arc welding electrodes in Gothenburg, Sweden. The company is an industry leader in production and development of equipment used in welding and cutting, and the world's largest manufacturer of welding and cutting equipment and materials.
ESAB has 30 manufacturing facilities, strategically located[vague] near to end users. In addition ESAB’s associates[which?] have two manufacturing facilities. ESAB sells its products in most countries of the world.[vague]
The ESAB group was acquired by Colfax Corporation on the 13th of January 2012.
Managing Directors / CEO's
- Oscar Kjellberg, 1904-1931
- Walter Edström, 1931-1956
- Göran Edström, 1956-1970
- Åke Ahlström, 1970-1980
- Bengt Eskilson, 1980-1991
- Lars Westerberg, 1991-1994
- Lars-Erik Andersson, 1995-1996
- Per Svantesson, 1996-1999
- Ray Hoglund, 1999-2001
- Howard van Schoyck, 2001-2003
- Jon Templeman, 2003-2009
- Michael Foster, 2009-2011
- Brendan Colgan, 2011-2012
- Clay Kiefaber, 2012-
- Mike Myers, 2013