UMB Financial Corporation
|Traded as||NASDAQ: UMBF|
|Founded||1913 (current name in 1994)|
|Headquarters||Kansas City, Missouri|
|Key people||Mariner Kemper, Peter J. deSilva, Mike Hagedorn|
|Operating income||$294.8 million|
|Net income||$106.472 million USD|
|Total assets||$13.541 billion|
|Total equity||$1,191.1 million|
UMB Financial Corporation is an American financial services company based in Kansas City, Missouri, offering complete banking, payment solutions, asset servicing and institutional investment management to customers. Its banking subsidiaries own and operate banking and wealth management centers throughout Missouri, Wisconsin, Illinois, Colorado, Kansas, Oklahoma, Nebraska and Arizona. Subsidiaries of the holding company and the lead bank, UMB Bank, n.a., include mutual fund and alternative investment services groups, single-purpose companies that deal with brokerage services and insurance, and a registered investment adviser that manages the company's proprietary mutual funds and investment advisory accounts for institutional customers.
Lines of business
- Commercial Banking & Lending
- Investment & Wealth Management
- Consumer & Small Business Banking
- Healthcare Services: Health Savings Accounts (HSA) and debit cards for Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA).
- Grand Distribution Services, LLC
- J.D. Clark & Company
- Kansas City Financial Corporation
- Kansas City Realty Company
- Prairie Capital Management, LLC
- Scout Distributors, LLC
- Scout Investments, Inc.
- UMB Banc Leasing Corp.
- UMB Bank & Trust, n.a.
- UMB Bank Arizona, n.a.
- UMB Bank Colorado, n.a.
- UMB Capital Corporation
- UMB Community Development Corporation
- UMB Distribution Services, LLC
- UMB Financial Services, Inc.
- UMB Fund Services, Inc.
- UMB Insurance, Inc.
- UMB National Bank of America
- UMB Realty Company, LLC
- UMB Redevelopment Corporation
- UMB Trust Company of South Dakota
- United Missouri Insurance Company
- In 2009, UMB Financial Corporation was ranked as the number two bank in the nation by Forbes.
- UMB Financial Corporation was entered into the Congressional Record in 2010 for excellent performance during the financial crisis.
- "Umb Financial Corp - Press Release Announcing 12-31-11 Earnings - January 24, 2012". snl.com, SNL Financial LC. 2012-01-24. Retrieved 2012-08-07.
- "Best Banks in America". Forbes. January 6, 2010. Retrieved October 1, 2012.
- "Congratualtions UMB". Conressional Printing Office. March 24, 2010. Retrieved October 1, 2012.