|Traded as||NYSE: FCN|
|Headquarters||Washington, D.C. (global)|
|Key people||Steve Gunby
(President and CEO)
Forensic and Litigation Consulting
|Revenue||US$1.65 billion (2013)|
FTI Consulting is a business consultancy firm with its headquarters in Washington, DC offering business services in corporate finance and restructuring, economic consulting, forensic and litigation consulting, strategic communications and technology. The company was founded as Forensic Technologies International Ltd in 1982, and employs more than 4,200 staff in 26 countries.
The firm’s notable engagements over the last few years have included the Lehman Brothers and General Motors bankruptcies and the investigation into the Bernard Madoff fraud. As of September 2011, FTI Consulting had the largest restructuring business in the U.S. In 2009, FTI Consulting was listed as one of the 100 fastest growing U.S. companies.
FTI Consulting has established partnerships with companies and organizations in several fields. It is a member of the World Economic Forum. Some the company's senior and regional leaders participate in the Forum's meetings, participating in several projects related to anti-corruption, energy and professional services principles.
FTI Consulting supports several private equity conferences, including:
- SuperReturn International, Berlin
- SuperReturn China, Beijing
- SuperReturn Asia, Hong Kong
- Dow Jones Private Equity Analyst Conference, New York City
The company added over 1,000 employees to its Forensic and Litigation ("FLC") division since the passing of the 2002 Sarbanes-Oxley Act, which excluded auditors from providing consulting work to their public clients. FTI Consulting purchased PwC's U.S. Business Recovery Services Division ("BRS") in 2002, which at the time was the largest provider of bankruptcy, turnaround and business restructuring services in the United States. The company purchased KPMG's Dispute Advisory Services in 2003.
FTI acquired Ringtail Solutions Group in 2005. Ringtail's signature product, the Ringtail Discovery Software Suite, provides e-discovery and document management tools to assist corporations and law firms during litigation engagements.
The company purchased Chicago-based Compass Lexecon in 2006. As of October 2011, the company has maintained the Compass Lexecon name. In the same year, the company acquired the London based communications consultancy Financial Dynamics ("FD"). FD is now referred to as the Strategic Communications Division of FTI.
The company supports two equestrian competitions: the Winter Equestrian Festival (WEF) and the Hampton Classic Horse Show. The FTI Great Charity Challenge and the FTI Consulting Grand Prix are held during the WEF, drawing thousands of spectators. In 2011, the FTI Great Charity Challenge raised $1 million for 32 charities.
FTI sponsors the National Portrait Gallery's "Late Shift" program, which enables the public to visit the Gallery after work hours and offers talks, music, special events and access to the Gallery’s collection and exhibitions. FTI Consulting also hosts thought leadership events at the gallery throughout the year.
- [file:///C:/Users/Andrew/Desktop/FTI%20Consulting%204Q13%20Earnings%20Press%20Release%20FINAL.pdf 2013 FTI Earnings Release]
- FTI Consulting: Global Reach
- "Lehman Creditors Panel Hires FTI Consulting, Houlihan Lokey" Bloomberg News 18 September 2008.
- FTI Consulting chairman: West Palm Beach is good for business South Florida Business Journal 27 Jan. 2012.
- "Lawyers make millions off Madoff mess" CNNMoney 16 Feb. 2011
- "FTI Steps Out of the Shadows." Consulting Magazine 16 Oct. 2011; "Baltimore consulting firm ready to put 25 companies under one name." The Washington Post 31 July 2011.
- "100 Fastest-Growing Companies 2009 FTI Consulting - FCN - from FORTUNE." CNNMoney June 2012.
- World Economic Forum website 1 May 2012
- "Larger Asia Companies Look To Europe" Financial Times 22 January 2011.; "FTI Chairman talks politics" Vault 31 Jan. 2011
- Super Return International 1 May 2012
- SuperReturn China, Beijing 1 May 2012
- SuperReturn Asia, Hong Kong 1 May 2012
- Dow Jones Private Equity Analyst Conference 1 May 2012
- Chatham House: Independent Thinking on International Affairs 5 May 2012
- FTI Steps Out of the Shadows
- FTI Consulting To Acquire U.S. Business Recovery Services Division ("BRS) Of PricewaterhouseCoopers 
- FTI Consulting Completes Acquisition of KPMG's Dispute Advisory Services 
- FTI to pay $35M for Ringtail
- FTI Consulting to Acquire Financial Dynamics
- Farey, Daniel (2013-11-08). "FTI Consulting in advanced talks with TLG Partners". PR Week. Retrieved 2014-01-24.
- Farey, Daniel (2014-01-15). "FTI Consulting finalises acquisition of TLG". PR Week. Retrieved 2014-01-24.
- "TLG". Tlgpartners.com. Retrieved 2014-01-24.
- "FTI Consulting, Inc. Continues Title Sponsorship of 2012 Winter Equestrian Festival" Horseweb 29 Mar. 2012.
- Phelps Sports 29 Mar. 2012
- Hampton Classic Website 1 May 2012
- FTI Consulting Great Charity Challenge Website 1 May 2012
- "Daniel Bluman wins $500,000 FTI Consulting Finale Grand Prix" Palm Beach Post 2 April 2012
- BBC SPORT | Cricket | Counties | Averages and Rankings." BBC News May 2012.
- "Late Shift"National Portrait Gallery 1 May 2012.