|Traded as||NYSE: INGR|
|Industry||food, beverage, pharmaceutical, animal feed, corrugating, paper, textile, Health & Wellness|
|Headquarters||Westchester, Illinois, USA|
|Key people||Ilene S. Gordon, Chairman, President and CEO|
|Products||sweeteners, starches, syrups, glucose|
Ingredion Incorporated (formerly Corn Products International, Inc) is a food ingredients producer based in Westchester, Illinois.
Ingredion Incorporated processes corn, tapioca, wheat, potatoes, and other raw materials into ingredients for the food, beverage, brewing, and pharmaceutical industries as well as numerous industrial sectors. It has more than 10,000 employees around the world, and customers in more than 60 markets in over 40 countries. In 2011, net sales were $6.2 billion
From 1919 till 1987, CPC International owned starch factories in Europe. The factories were sold to the French sugar manufacturer Béghin-Say and renamed Cerestar. Cerestar was acquired in 2002 by Cargill.
In 1981, CPC formed a partnership with Texaco to produce bioethanol at a plant in Pekin, Illinois. In 1995, the plant was sold to Williams Companies and, in 2003, continued as Aventine Renewable Energy.
In 1997, the company was split into a packaged-food company, Bestfoods, and a starch company, Corn Products International. Corn Products International (CPI) is a Fortune 1000 Company.
The combined company employs approximately 10,000 people in North America, South America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and Asia-Pacific. It operates 37 manufacturing facilities in 15 countries as well as sales offices in 29 countries. Research and ingredient development centers are also located in key global markets. In 2012, the company was renamed Ingredion.
- "Overview | About Us | Ingredion Incorporated". ingredion.com. Retrieved June 14, 2012.
- "Corn Products boosts work force — Peoria, IL — pjstar.com". Peoria Journal Star. Retrieved 2009-05-11.
- http://www.fundinguniverse.com/company-histories/Eridania-Beacute;ghinSay-SA-Company-History.html Eridania Béghin-Say company history
- http://www.fundinguniverse.com/company-histories/Bestfoods-Company-History.html Bestfood - CPI company history
- "Corn Products International Acquisition of National Starch". Marketwatch.
- "Corn Products International Acquisition of National Starch". PreparedFoods.
- "National Starch merges with Corn Products International". PreparedFoods. 2012-03-01.
- "Corn Products International and National Starch are now Ingredion". FoodInnovation.