Ottawa, Canada's capital, is located in Eastern Canada, within the province of Ontario. The capitals of the provinces are in the list below.
- Newfoundland and Labrador - St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador
- Nova Scotia - Halifax, Nova Scotia
- Prince Edward Island - Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island
- New Brunswick - Fredericton, New Brunswick
- Quebec - Quebec City, Quebec
- Ontario - Toronto, Ontario
The total population of this region is about 23,082,460, or about 70% of Canada's population. Most of the population resides in Ontario and Quebec. The region contains 3 of Canada's 5 largest metropolitan areas, Toronto being the 5th largest metropolitan area in North America.
- Largest metropolitan areas
- Toronto, Ontario - 6,254,191
- Montreal, Quebec - 3,824,221
- Ottawa-Gatineau, Ontario-Quebec - 1,451,415
- Quebec City, Quebec - 765,706
- Hamilton, Ontario - 721,053
- Kitchener, Ontario - 477,160
- London, Ontario - 474,786
- St. Catharines-Niagara, Ontario - 431,346
- Halifax, Nova Scotia - 404,807
- Windsor, Ontario - 319,246
- St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador - 200,966
The population of each province, from greatest to least is here.
- Ontario - 13,551,821
- Quebec - 7,903,001
- Nova Scotia - 921,727
- New Brunswick - 751,171
- Newfoundland and Labrador - 514,536
- Prince Edward Island - 140,204
Eastern Canada is represented by 213 Members of Parliament (106 in Ontario, 75 in Quebec and 32 in the Atlantic Provinces) and 78 senators.
See also 
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Eastern Canada|
- Canadian Press Style Guide. Canadian Press. 1995. p.471