|• Revised Romanization||Gimhae-si|
|Administrative divisions||1 eup, 7 myeon, 9 dong, ? gu|
|• Total||463.26 km2 (178.87 sq mi)|
|Population (2012 Dec)|
|• Density||1,108/km2 (2,870/sq mi)|
Gimhae, also commonly spelled Kimhae, is a city in South Gyeongsang Province, South Korea. It is the seat of the large Gimhae Kim clan, one of the largest Kim clans in Korea. The Gimhae Kims claim descent from the ancient royal house of Geumgwan Gaya, which was based in Gimhae.
- Jinyeong-eup (13 ri)
- Daedong-myeon (10 ri)
- Hallim-myeon (12 ri)
- Jangyu-myeon (12 ri)
- Jillye-myeon (10 ri)
- Juchon-myeon (8 ri)
- Saengnim-myeon (8 ri)
- Sangdong-myeon (6 ri)
- Bukbu-dong (3 legal dong)
- Buram-dong (2 legal dong)
- Chilsanseobu-dong (7 legal dong)
- Hoehyeon-dong (2 legal dong)
- Hwalcheon-dong (2 legal dong)
- Naeoe-dong (2 legal dong)
- Saman-dong (2 legal dong)
Due to the influence of coastal climate, Gimhae is the mildest region in Korea. The annual average temperature is around 15℃, and annual average precipitation is 1,200mm, which is very similar to that of the Korean average of 1,274mm.
Gimhae International Airport is just east of Gimhae city (in Gangseo-gu, Busan) and its annual users total 9.17 million. Various conveniences, especially those for the disabled will be expanded step by step.
Gimhae has two stations on the Gyeongjeon Line; Hallimjeong Station (한림정역) and Jinyeong Station (진영역). The Busan-Gimhae Light Rail Transit, which opened in September 2011, connects the city to Busan via the airport. It connects to the Busan Subway network Line 3 at Daejeo (대저), and Line 2 at Sasang (사상). The closest KTX station from Gimhae is Gupo Station in Busan.
Gimhae has lots of area for growing flowers. In fact, Busan and its neighbor cities have exported large amounts of flowers.
Gimhae farming center exploited to develop independent Korean roses called Spray.
- Roh Moo-hyun, (6 August 1946 – 23 May 2009) was the 16th President of South Korea (2003–2008)
- Yoon Sung-Hyo (born 1962), football manager
- Song Kang-ho (born 1967), actor
- Lee Jung-Soo (born 1980), footballer
- Lee Min-ki (born 1985), model and actor
- Yeo Min-Ji (born 1993), women's footballer
- Administrative divisions of South Korea
- Geography of South Korea
- List of cities in South Korea
- Gimhae International Airport
- [스포츠]김해시청 축구단 창단 ‘초읽기’ Newsmaker
- Welcome To GimHae : Home > Gimhae Travel Guide > Introducing Gimhae
- Welcome To GimHae : Home > Gimhae Travel Guide > Transportation
- Full blooming rose in greenhouse온실속 만개한 국산 장미 연합뉴스 2008.01.24
- Arora, V.N. "South Korea's Ayodhya Connection," Times of India (Mumbai). September 12, 2004.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Gimhae, Gyeongsangnam-do.|