|Part of the Politics series on|
The terms left anarchism and left-wing anarchism distinguish collectivist anarchism from laissez-faire anarchism and right-libertarian philosophies. They refer to philosophies which posit a future society in which private property is replaced by reciprocity and non-hierarchical society. The term left anarchism is sometimes used synonymously with libertarian socialism, left-libertarianism, or socialist anarchism. More traditional anarchists typically discourage the concept of "left-wing" theories of anarchism on grounds of redundancy, that it lends legitimacy to the notion, in their view the misconception, that anarchism is compatible with capitalism or nationalism.
Ulrike Heider, a syndicalist, categorized anarchism into left anarchism, right anarchism (anarcho-capitalism), and green anarchism.[page needed] Her work has been strongly criticised by anarchist academics including Bryan Caplan and Murray Bookchin for what they see as the poor quality of its research and presentation.
- Social anarchism
- Collectivist anarchism
- Post-left anarchy
- Paul, Ellen Frankel. Miller, Fred Dycus. Paul, Jeffrey. 1993. (no title listed) Cambridge University Press. p. 115
- Chomsky, Noam. 2003. Chomsky on Democracy & Education. Routledge. p. 398
Chomsky, Noam. Language and Politics. AK Press. p. 153
- Peacock, Adrian. 1999. Two Hundred Pharaohs, Five Billion Slaves. Ellipsis London
- Goodwin, Barbara. 2007. Using Political Ideas. John Wiley & Sons
- Brooks, Thom. (2002) Book Reviews. Journal of Applied Philosophy 19 (1) , 75–90 doi:10.1111/1468-5930.00206
- Thagard, Paul. 2002. Coherence in Thought and Action. MIT Press. p. 153
- McKay, Iain (2007). "Section F.7.3 - Can there be a 'right-wing' anarchism?". An Anarchist FAQ, Volume I. AK Press. ISBN 978-1-902593-90-6.
- Iain McKay et al. (21 January 2010). "Section F.7.3 - Can there be a 'right-wing' anarchism?". An Anarchist FAQ. Infoshop.org. Retrieved 21 January 2012.
- McKay, Iain (2007). "Section D.6 - Are anarchists against Nationalism?". An Anarchist FAQ, Volume I. AK Press. ISBN 978-1-902593-90-6.
- Iain McKay et al. (21 January 2010). "Section D.6 - Are anarchists against Nationalism?". An Anarchist FAQ. Infoshop.org. Retrieved 22 January 2012.
- Heider, Ulrike. Anarchism: Left, Right and Green San Francisco: City Lights Books, 1994.
- Caplan, Bryan. "Factual Errors in Marshall and Heider". Retrieved 2008-03-08.
- Bookchin, Murray (Winter 1994). "A Meditation on Anarchist Ethics". The Raven: Anarchist Quarterly, 7 (4): 328–46. Retrieved 2008-03-08.