Public holidays in Ukraine
- January 1 - New Year's Day
- January 7 - Orthodox Christmas
- March 8 - International Women's Day
- Orthodox Easter
- Holy Trinity Day (Triytsya) - Orthodox Pentecost
- May 1 & 2 - Labour Days
- May 9 - Victory Day (Memorial Day in Lviv Oblast)
- June 28 - Constitution Day
- August 24 - Independence Day
When a public holiday falls on a weekend (e.g. Sunday), the following working day (e.g. Monday) turns into an official day off too. For most, Saturday and Sunday is the "weekend".
If only one or only two working days are between a public holiday and another day off then the Ukrainian Government usually releases a recommendation to avoid this gap by moving these working days onto a certain Saturday (that is to have uninterrupted vacations, but to compensate this by work on another day which would be a day off). Usually such recommendations only concern those employees whose weekly days off are Saturday and Sunday.