|Headquarters||Fengjing, Shanghai, China|
|Parent||Zhejiang Geely Holding Group|
The export of Shanghai Maple vehicles to Egypt began in 2007, where were marketed as the C51 (saloon) and C52 (saloon with Audi style grille). A sportier R80 hatchback and R81 saloon were exported to markets including Russia and Chile. In 2010 Geely partially phased-out the Shanghai Maple marque, replacing it with the Englon budget brand.
In February 2013, Shanghai Maple and Kandi Technologies announced that they had agreed to establish a 50:50 joint venture, Zhejiang Kandi Electric Vehicles Investment, with an initial registered capital of 1 billion yuan (US$160 million), focused on the research and development, production, marketing and sale of electric vehicles in the Chinese mainland. The joint venture agreement was signed on 22 March 2013.
- 2003– Maple Hisoon — 5-door hatchback/4-door sedan
- 2004– Maple Marindo — 1.8 L sedan
- 2005– Maple Hysoul — 5-door hatchback/4-door sedan
- He, Xiyou (2011). "Interaction between transnational corporations and local government on industry clusters in China: the case of the automobile industry". In Kuchiki, Akifumi; Tsuji, Masatsugu. Industrial Clusters, Upgrading and Innovation in East Asia. Cheltenham: Edward Elgar Publishing. p. 206. ISBN 978-0-85793-512-0.
- Business Week
- Automotive World 3 July 2008
- China Car Times 25 September 2008
- Auto Motor und Sport 15 September 2005
- SMG Egypt
- Geely website
- Ash (2010-10-29). "Englon brand to get major boost in 2011". ChinaCarTimes.
- "Geely subsidiary signs joint EV venture deal". The China Post. 6 February 2013. Retrieved 17 February 2013.
- "Kandi Technologies Corp's Zhejiang Kandi Vehicles Co Ltd Enters Into Joint Venture Agreement With Geely Automobile Holdings Ltd's Guorun Automobile Co Ltd". Reuters. 25 March 2013. Retrieved 1 April 2013.