|This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2009)|
USA Weekend is a national weekend newspaper magazine distributed through more than 746+ newspapers in the United States and published by Gannett Company as a sister publication to USA Today. The magazine's focus is on social issues, entertainment, health, food and travel. The magazine provides Newspaper In Education classroom guides to partner newspapers. The main competitor for USA Weekend is Advance Publications's Parade and some individual newspaper magazines such as The New York Times Magazine. Most Gannett newspapers by default carry USA Weekend within their papers.
The publication incorporates Family Weekly, a supplement started in 1953, but considers 1985, the date of Gannett's purchase and re-titling, to be the date of its founding for anniversary purposes.
Columns and contributors include:
- CookSmart by Ellie Krieger
- EatSmart by Jean Carper
- HealthSmart by The Doctors"
- MoneySmart by Sharon Epperson & Walecia Konrad
- Who's News by Lorrie Lynch
- Wit&Wisdom by Terry Stickels
Make A Difference Day
USA Weekend's Make A Difference Day, created by the magazine in 1992, is an annual community service event held on the fourth Saturday of October. At the 2013 event, 14 community groups were awarded $10,000 to donate to their local charities.
- "Grassroots volunteers receive national awards in Washington, D.C.". USA Weekend. 2013-04-26.
- MRI 2010 Doublebase, Publisher's Estimate
- Total circulation and rate base reflect 7/4/10 carrier newspaper market list carrier newspaper circulation figures based on ABC, CAC, CVC, VAC, SRDS or publisher-certified circulation