Vladivostok International Airport
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2010)|
|Vladivostok International Airport
Международный аэропорт «Владивосток»
|Elevation AMSL||46 ft / 14 m|
2011 shareholders' report 
Vladivostok International Airport (Russian: Международный аэропорт «Владивосток» Mezhdunarodnyi aeroport Vladivostok) (IATA: VVO, ICAO: UHWW) is located near Artyom, Primorsky Krai, Russia roughly an hour's drive (44 kilometers) north of the center of the city of Vladivostok. It was formerly known as Knevichi Airport, named after village Knevichi.
The airport consists of two passenger terminals: the old Domestic Terminal B and the new International Terminal A. It has two airfields, Lake Springs and Knevichi.
- Lake Springs Airfield
The Lake Springs airfield was designed for aircraft operating on regional routes. It has two hard surface runways 21 meters wide, each. One is 1000 meters in length and the second is 600 meters. Currently, it is not used for regularly scheduled flights, and local aviation operates from there, instead.
The Knevichi airfield was designed for all types of aircraft and has two hard surface runways. Each runway is 3,500 meters in length and 60 meters in width.
Expansion and modernization
The domestic Terminal B of the airport underwent complete renovation during 2005-2006, which made it one of the most comfortable and up-to-date airport terminals in Russia. The renovated terminal was re-opened on December 19, 2006.
Federal and regional government announced plans to rebuild Vladivostok International Airport prior to the APEC Russia 2012 Summit on Russky Island, south of Vladivostok. A new terminal (terminal A) was built in 2012, at a cost of 7 billion RUB. The capacity of this new terminal building is 3.5 million passengers/year. Runway 07R/25L was also reconstructed and lengthened, to 3,500 meters. This new runway is capable of accommodating all aircraft types without any restrictions.
Airlines and destinations
- vvo.aero - The information about Runway #1 at Vladivostok’s airport
- vvo.aero - The new terminal Vladivostok airport building is provided a first test flight reception and service
- "«Аврора» открывает рейс в Гонконг". http://flyaurora.ru/. Aurora Airlines. Retrieved 9 June 2014.
- "Самолет Владивосток-Муданьцзян: 50 минут в пути и никаких пробок на границе". Медиахолдинг PrimaMedia. 11 April 2014. Retrieved 14 April 2014.
- "РАСПИСАНИЕ". Angara Airlines. Retrieved 16 January 2013.
- Плохотниченко, Юрий (3 September 2012). "Asiana будет летать из Сеула во Владивосток с ноября". TRAVEL.RU. Retrieved 4 September 2012.
- "S7 Airlines открывает рейсы из Владивостока в Сеул". http://www.s7.ru/. S7 Airlines. Retrieved 2 September 2014.
- L, J (16 April 2014). "Yakutia Adds Seasonal Vladivostok – Niigata / Tokyo Service July – Sep 2014". Airline Route. Retrieved 16 April 2014.
- Official website
- Airport information on the Vladivostok Avia website
- Airport information for UHWW at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.
- (Russian) Airport Vladivostok Aviateka.Handbook