|IATA: GRV – ICAO: URMG
|Hub for||* Grozny Avia|
|Elevation AMSL||548 ft / 167 m|
Airport “Grozny” (Chechen: Соьлжа-ГӀалан аэропорт, Russian: Аэропорт «Грозный») (IATA: GRV, ICAO: URMG) is an airport in Chechenskaya Respublika, Russia located 7.5 km north of Grozny. The aerodrome was accepted as suitable for international flights service, but current scheduled flights are to other areas in Russia only (Moscow and Surgut).
The airport has a larger terminal building with a control tower. The airport also has small gold colour mosque located next to the terminal building.
Airlines and destinations
|Avia Traffic Company||Bishkek (begins 4 June 2014)|
|Grozny Avia||Simferopol, Moscow-Vnukovo|
- "Новый рейс Бишкек-Грозный". Авиакомпания Avia Traffic. Retrieved 17 April 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Airport «Grozny» (North).|
- Nonstop to Chechnya: As War Ebbs, Flights Return The New York Times
- Accident history for GRV at Aviation Safety Network
- Airport information for URMG at Great Circle Mapper.
- Current weather for URMG at NOAA/NWS
- Airport information for URMG at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.
|This article about an airport in Russia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|