In the context of clothing, a wrap can refer to a shawl or stole wrapped about the upper body, or a simple skirt-type garment made by wrapping a piece of material round the lower body. Many people of both genders throughout the world wear wraps in everyday life, however, in the West, they are largely worn by women. They are sometimes sewn at the edges to form a tube which keeps the required size. They are secured using a knot, ties, or in modern examples buttons or velcro.
Wraparound Skirts in India
Skirts for women have been a best friend since very young age, and no matter how old she grows skirts still manage to fascinate them with their never ending elegance. With the evolution of wrap skirts the dressing has been made easy, one need not worry about the waist size or fittings any more, as they can be simply tied to compliment the way one appears and that too in a very feminine way.
The wide straps and dimension makes them comfortable to wear and the fabrics and prints are in tune with the modern trends. The reverse side of wraparound skirts also bears a different print that enables the wearer to adorn it from both sides and in different variations, which means that one can appear distinct in each occasion.
The wrap skirts can be worn as strapless, halter or one-shoulder dresses and can even be transformed to swimsuit cover, tops and more; thus on planning a vacation, wrap skirt can be the whole wardrobe. They are available in different lengths especially in the form of long skirts and short skirts, both of them are equally empowering and are capable to spine everybody’s heads.
- Dhoti and Lungi, worn in India.
- Lava-lava, worn throughout Oceania.
- Sarong and baju kebaya, worn throughout South-east Asia.
- Ta'ovala, worn in Tonga.
- Kanga and similar garments worn in throughout Africa.
- Beach wraps - In the west, sarongs and towels are sometimes worn as wraps at the beach.
- Wrap skirts - skirts made in the design or style of a wrap.
- Wraps are sometimes worn for doing Yoga 
- Weather wraps, wraps designed to be water- and wind-proof.
- http://www.georgiaoriginale.com/Sarongs_unisex.htm Unisex sarongs and wraps
- http://www.africastyles.com/resources/wrap_skirt.html African wrap skirt description
- http://www.guardianecostore.co.uk/products/kolam-collection/kolam-a-line-organic-denim-wrap-skirt/ A modern sewn example
- http://www.tobi.com/product/19057-opening-ceremony-wrap-skirt-skirts Shorter modern example for women.
- Wraparound Skirts in India
- http://www.beach-clothing.com/product-catalog/wrap-skirts.html Wraps for the beach
- http://www.yogabodys.com/servlet/the-8/Yoga-Wrap-Skirt/Detail Yoga Wrap