From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the year 1024. For the number, see 1024 (number).
|Centuries:||10th century – 11th century – 12th century|
|Decades:||990s 1000s 1010s – 1020s – 1030s 1040s 1050s|
|Years:||1021 1022 1023 – 1024 – 1025 1026 1027|
|1024 by topic|
|Lists of leaders|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Ab urbe condita||1777|
|English Regnal year||N/A|
|Chinese calendar||癸亥年 (Water Pig)
3720 or 3660
— to —
甲子年 (Wood Rat)
3721 or 3661
|- Vikram Samvat||1080–1081|
|- Shaka Samvat||946–947|
|- Kali Yuga||4125–4126|
|Japanese calendar||Jian 4 / Manju 1
|Minguo calendar||888 before ROC
|Seleucid era||1335/1336 AG|
|Thai solar calendar||1566–1567|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 1024.|
- The Salian Dynasty of the Holy Roman Empire is founded by Conrad II.
- April 19 – Pope John XIX succeeds Pope Benedict VIII (his brother) as the 144th pope.
- After several years in the Peninsula, Roger of Toeni, a Norman knight, leaves the battlefields of the Ebro Valley and heads back to France. It ends what historians have described as an early crusade.
- A Rus' raid into the Aegean Sea is defeated by the Byzantines at the Battle of Lemnos.
- The world's first paper-printed money, which later greatly benefits the economy of the Song Dynasty, originates in the Sichuan province of China.
- Emperor Mahmud of Ghazni sacks the Hindu religious center of Somnath, slaughtering over 50,000 people and carrying off vast amounts of treasure.
- April/June - King Magnus I of Norway (d. 1047)
- May 13 - Abbot Hugh of Cluny (d. 1109)
- date unknown
- January - Abd ar-Rahman V, Umayyad Caliph of Córdoba (murdered)
- April 9 – Pope Benedict VIII
- July 13 – Henry II, Holy Roman Emperor (b. 972)
- December - Sultan al-Daula, Buyid amir of Fars (b. 993)
- date unknown
- Boissonade, B. "Les premières croisades françaises en Espagne. Normands, Gascons, Aquitains et Bourguignons (1018-1032)". Bulletin Hispanique. 36 (1): 5–28. doi:10.3406/hispa.1934.2607.