2007 Costa Book Awards
The Costa Book Awards (before 2006 known as the Whitbread Awards) are among the United Kingdom's most prestigious literary awards. They were launched in 1971, are given both for high literary merit but also for works that are enjoyable reading and whose aim is to convey the enjoyment of reading to the widest possible audience. This page gives details of the awards given in the year 2007.
The shortlists were announced on 20 November 2007. The winners in each category were announced on 3 January 2008, and the overall winner for Book of the Year was announced on 22 January 2008.
Book of the Year
- Ann Kelley, The Bower Bird
- Jean Sprackland, Tilt
- Ian Duhig, The Speed of Dark
- John Fuller, The Space of Joy
- Daljit Nagra, Look We Have Coming to Dover!
- Pauli, Michelle (November 28, 2007). "Costa kicks off prize sponsorship with populist shortlist". The Guardian. Retrieved 6 September 2017.