The Bachelorette (season 7)
|The Bachelorette (season 7)|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of episodes||12 (including 2 specials)|
|Original release||May 23– August 1, 2011|
The Bachelorette 7 is the seventh season of ABC reality television series The Bachelorette. The show premiered on May 23, 2011, featuring Ashley Hebert dating 25 men. Hebert was rejected by Brad Womack on the fifteenth season of The Bachelor, where she was the second runner-up. The season concluded with Ashley choosing J.P. Rosenbaum as her fiancé. The couple lives in Miami, Florida.
- 1 Contestants
- 2 Call-out order
- 3 Episodes (dates)
- 4 After filming
- 5 Ratings
- 6 References
- 7 External links
Biographical information according to ABC official series site, plus footnoted additions.
(ages stated are at time of contest)
|Jordan Paul "J.P." Rosenbaum||34||Roslyn, New York||Construction Manager||Winner||1|
|Benjamin "Ben" Flajnik||28||Sonoma, California||Wine Maker||Runner-up||2|
|Constantine Tzortzis||30||Cumming, Georgia||Restaurant Owner||Week 9||3 (quit)|
|Ames Brown||31||Chadds Ford, Pennsylvania||Portfolio Manager||Week 8||4|
|Lucas Daniels||30||Odessa, Texas||Oilfield Equipment Distributor||Week 7||5|
|Ryan Park||31||San Luis Obispo, California||Solar Energy Executive||6|
|Blake Julian||27||Steamboat Springs, Colorado||Dentist||Week 6||7|
|Ryan "Mickey" McLean||31||Rochester, New York||Chef||8 (quit)|
|Nicholas "Nick" Peterson||26||Odessa, Florida||Personal Trainer||Week 5||9|
|William Holman||30||Fostoria, Ohio||Cellular Phone Salesman||10|
|Benjamin "Ben" Castoriano||28||Lake Charles, Louisiana||Lawyer||11|
|Weston "West" Lee||30||Walhalla, South Carolina||Lawyer||Week 4||12|
|Christopher "Chris" Drish||25||Moline, Illinois||Sports Marketing Coordinator||Week 3||13–14|
|Jeffrey "Jeff" Medolla||35||St. Louis, Missouri||Entrepreneur|
|Bentley Williams||28||Alpine, Utah||Businessman||15 (quit)|
|Matthew "Matt" Colombo||28||Bridgewater, Massachusetts||Office Supply Salesman||Week 2||16–18|
|Ryan Miller||27||Novi, Michigan||Constructor Estimator|
|Stephen D'Amico||27||Portland, Connecticut||Hairstylist|
|Anthony Santucci||28||Saddle River, New Jersey||Butcher||Week 1||19–24|
|Christian "Chris" Malhomme||27||Gibbons, Alberta||Construction Company CEO|
|Francis "Frank" Carpenter||29||Anchorage, Alaska||College Admissions Director|
|Jonathan "Jon" Ellsworth||26||Vancouver, Washington||E-Commerce Executive|
|Michael Burns||29||Providence, Rhode Island||Technology Salesman|
|Robert "Rob" Dahm||27||Monroe, Michigan||Technology Executive|
|Timothy "Tim" McCormack||35||Massapequa, New York||Liquor Distributor||25|
Runner-up Ben Flajnik was chosen as the bachelor in the season sixteen of The Bachelor.
Ames Brown, Blake Julian and William Holman returned for the second season of Bachelor Pad. Brown quit in week 2, finishing 8th. Julian was eliminated in week 5 with his partner Erica Rose, finishing 5th. Holman was eliminated in week 4, finishing 6th. Nick Peterson competed for the second time in the third season of Bachelor Pad; he finished as the sole winner for that season.
Bachelor in Paradise
|1||Ryan P.||Ryan P.||William||Ben C.||Constantine||Ben F.||Lucas||J.P.||Ben F.||Ben F.||J.P.|
|2||Jon||Jeff||Bentley||Ryan P.||Ben F.||Blake||Ryan P.||Constantine||J.P.||J.P.||Ben F.|
|3||Lucas||Constantine||Mickey||J.P.||Ames||Constantine||J.P.||Ben F.||Constantine||Ryan P.|
|4||William||Ben F.||West||Constantine||Lucas||Lucas||Ben F.||Ames||Ames||Constantine|
|6||Tim||Stephen||Ryan P.||Mickey||J.P.||Ames||Ames||Ryan P.|
|7||Ben C.||Matt||Ben C.||Ben F.||Nick||Mickey||Blake|
|9||Chris D.||Chris D.||Ames||Nick||Blake||Nick||Bentley|
|11||Anthony||Blake||Jeff||Lucas||Ben C.||Ben C.|
|13||Ames||Ben C.||Chris D.||Chris D.
- The contestant was received a first impression rose
- The contestant received a rose during the date
- The contestant was eliminated
- The contestant was eliminated outside the rose ceremony
- The contestant was eliminated during the date
- The contestant quit the competition
- An eliminated contestant asks for a chance to return, however was denied
- The contestant won the competition
Original airdate: May 23, 2011
There are no dates during the first week. Memorable moments arriving in the mansion include Ben F., who brings a bottle of wine and a glass for a toast with the bachelorette. During the cocktail party, Tim gets drunk and sleeps on a couch. Ashley tries to wake him up and asks the remaining guys to help Tim leave the mansion. Ryan P. received the first impression rose. Anthony, Chris M., Frank, John, Michael and Rob are all sent home in the rose ceremony.
Original airdate: May 30, 2011
Group: The men go to Las Vegas and are broken up into two teams. Each team has to choreograph a dance and the winning team gets to spend the night with Ashley and the losing team gets sent home. Team A is Ryan M., Constantine, Stephen, Matt, Ames, and Chris D. Team B is Ben F., Bentley, Blake, Lucas, Nick, and West. Team B won and they got to perform in the "JabbaWockeeZ" show. Bentley gets a rose.
1-on-1: Mickey. Before the start of the date, Mickey and J.P. have a coin flip to see who would be Ashley's date. Mickey wins the flip. At the Mandalay Bay wave pool, they get a private concert from Colbie Caillat performing her song "Brighter Than The Sun". He gets a rose.
Original airdate: June 6, 2011
Group: Ames, Ben F., Bentley, Blake, Chris D., Jeff, Lucas, Nick, Ryan P., and William. Shortly before the start of the date, Jeff talks with Ashley about his true identity – he has been wearing a mask since the start of the show. Jeff takes off the mask and shows his true face to her. They go to a comedy club for a Bachelorette roast hosted by Jeffrey Ross. Ryan P. gets a rose.
1-on-1: J.P. The date was after Bentley left and Ashley felt a little down on his elimination, They have a romantic night at Ashley's "home". He gets a rose.
Other developments: After the group date, Bentley decided to leave the show. When Bentley arrives at Ashley's "home", he expressed his emotion on text messages from Michelle Money, Ashley's castmate from Brad's season of The Bachelor; who is a friend to Ashley and his ex-wife. His disappointment continued on his broken family. Ashley is shocked to see Bentley leaving and wants to still be with him.
Original airdate: June 13, 2011
1-on-1: Constantine. He and Ashley plan to take a boat, but, they have to cancel due to bad weather and instead go shopping in Old Phuket. Then, they get dinner at a secluded beach house. He gets a rose.
Group: Ben C., Ben F., Blake, J.P., Lucas, Mickey, Nick, Ryan P., West, and William. They help at a Baan San Fan orphanage to repaint and furnish the room in commemoration of the 2004 tsunami which devastated the country. Ben F. has some one-on-one time with Ashley as he had been confident at the orphanage, and he gets a kiss from Ashley. Ben F. gets a rose.
1-on-1: Ames. He and Ashley go sailing near Phuket and go kayaking in Thailand's waters. He shares his experiences traveling and they have a dinner talk. He gets a rose.
Other developments: After the cocktail party, Chris talks to Ashley about her date with Ames and asks her if two people would be going home for the rose ceremony. Ashley thinks some of the guys have on their romantic charm. Only one person leaves the competition, with an extra rose being added on the night's rose ceremony.
Original airdate: June 20, 2011
- Located in: Chiang Mai, Thailand
1-on-1: Ben F. He and Ashley travel the market with lush colors and delicious Thai delicacies. Then, they visit the temple and have dinner. Ashley talks with Ben F. about his daily life and he gets the rose. The date ends with traditional Thai dancers with local music.
Group: Ames, Blake, Constantine, Lucas, Mickey, Nick, Ryan P., and J.P. They take part in Muay Thai and they fight on an outdoor arena in four matches: Blake vs. Lucas, Mickey vs. J.P., Ames vs. Ryan P., and Nick vs. Constantine. Shortly after the fight, Ames is injured and is sent to the hospital. During that night, a clearly concussed Ames rejoins the rest of the guys for one-on-one talks with Ashley. Blake gets a rose.
2-on-1: Ben C. and William. The two travel on a river raft and have an outdoor picnic with Ashley. Ben C. is eliminated after William tells Ashley that Ben C. is interested in online dating and cannot wait to leave. That leaves William for the continuation of their date. He and Ashley have dinner at a park outside Chiang Mai. In the end, William is also eliminated.
Original airdate: June 27, 2011
Prologue: When the eight remaining guys arrive at the Conrad Hotel in Hong Kong, Chris comes to Ashley's room and tells her that Bentley is in the same hotel and wants to see her. Ashley and Bentley talk and she realizes that he led her on a bit and that she hasn't really closed that chapter in her journey as the Bachelorette. Ashley realizes she needs to let go of Bentley so she can fully embrace the remaining bachelors.
Group: Ben F., Blake, Constantine, Ryan P., Ames and Mickey. They take part in dragon boat racing on Hong Kong Island in three teams: two guys with local people. The teams are Ben F. and Constantine in red, Blake and Ryan P. in blue and Ames and Mickey in black; the black team wins. They all happen to witness a local couple get engaged on a beach shore. Ryan P. gets a rose.
1-on-1: J.P.. He and Ashley travel to Victoria Peak. Ashley talks with J.P. about his past relationships. She confesses to him that she had seen Bentley a few days ago. He gets the rose.
Cocktail party: After Ashley tells the remaining contestants that Bentley had returned and that she hadn't fully let go of him until that day, Mickey decided to leave the competition because of it.
Original airdate: July 11, 2011
- Located in: Taiwan, Republic of China
1-on-1: Constantine. He and Ashley ride on a steam train to Pingxi. There is a lantern festival going on, and they make a "love wish" on a paper lantern and release it into the sky, but not until after a street dog urinates on it.
1-on-1: Ben F. He and Ashley travel to Taroko National Park by moped. They stop at a temple and walk to a suspension bridge over a gorge. They have dinner in Silks Place Hotel.
Group: Ames, J.P., Lucas. They have to take three individual cultural wedding photos with Ashley in Taipei's photography district. Lucas comes in first with qípáo, Ames dresses silly and sparkly, and J.P. wears a tuxedo. J.P. thinks that his relationship with Ashley grow stronger while they were on a previous date back in Hong Kong and gets the rose for the third time.
Original airdate: July 18, 2011
- Located in: Hometowns (Dates) and Los Angeles (Rose Ceremony)
(in the order shown on television)
|2||Ames||Chadds Ford, Pennsylvania|
|3||Ben F.||Sonoma, California|
|4||J.P.||Roslyn, New York|
Constantine takes Ashley on a lake and travel to Giorgio's, where he works and owns. Then, they have a Greek dance with his friends and family. Ames and Ashley have a ride on a horse-drawn carriage. Ben F. takes Ashley to his family winery. J.P. and Ashley go on a roller rink. J.P.'s mom shows his Bar Mitzvah photo to Ashley.
Ben F. gets the first rose followed by J.P., leaving Ames and Constantine at the bottom two. In the end, Ashley hands Constantine the last rose, eliminating Ames.
Original airdate: July 25, 2011
- Located in: Fiji
Ashley and her three remaining suitors travel to Savusavu for daytime frolicking and, perhaps, overnight canoodling. Before her date with Ben F. is going to start, a surprise visitor arrives in Fiji and it is eliminated suitor Ryan P. trying to get his second chance with her. Ben F. and Ashley have fun sailing and they snorkel on a reef. Constantine and Ashley ride in a helicopter to a lagoon on a nearby island. During dinner, Constantine has big news to tell to Ashley. He is not in love with her and does not accept the Fantasy Suite envelope. He then leaves the competition. The next day after Constantine left, Ashley visits Ryan P. to discuss their feelings. Like Bentley in week 6, Ashley wants Ryan P. to leave. The last date with Ashley is J.P. They take a ride on a seaplane to a private island, their affection growing stronger. During the rose ceremony, Ashley gives roses to both Ben F. and J.P.
Week 10 (Finale)
Original airdate: August 1, 2011
- Located in: Fiji
Final Dates and Final Rose Ceremony
Ashley must choose between the two final suitors for her heart. Both of the men get a chance to meet Ashley's family. When J.P. comes, her older sister, Chrystie, disapproves of him, saying that he is too old for her. Before Ben F. meets the family, Ashley and Chrystie argue over J.P.'s meeting with the family. Ben F. makes funny jokes to Ashley's family and he says he is in love with her. In their final dates, Ashley and Ben F. take a helicopter ride over the entire country to a chain of waterfalls and islands. Then, they have a mud bath. Ben F. has a good feeling about their relationship after the day is over. Ashley's final date with J.P. has him wearing a yellow T-shirt. He talks with her about how her sister does not like him. He gives her a scrapbook. The time of the proposal has come: Ben F. comes in first, and he thinks that he may be adding a new member to his family since his father died several years ago. Ashley rejects his proposal, and Ben F. leaves. J.P. comes in next and declaring he is now in love with Ashley, proposes to her and she accepts.
Hebert and Rosenbaum were married on December 1, 2012, with their wedding airing on ABC on December 16, 2012. They had a garden wedding in Pasadena, California. Their guests from the Bachelor franchise included former Bachelorettes Trista Sutter, with husband Ryan Sutter; Jillian Harris; Emily Maynard; Sean Lowe; and Jason and Molly Mesnick.
On September 30, 2014, the couple welcomed their first child, son Fordham Rhys Rosenbaum; new father J.P. tweeted the happy news that same day. On November 5th, 2016 they welcomed their first daughter, Essex Reese Rosenbaum.
U.S. Nielsen ratings
|Episode||First Air Date||Rating
|1||May 23, 2011||2.8||7||9.02||3|
|2||May 30, 2011||2.2||6||7.23||1|
|3||June 6, 2011||2.6||8||8.130||9|
|4||June 13, 2011||2.4||7||7.88||1|
|5||June 20, 2011||2.3||7||7.76||1|
|6||June 27, 2011||2.6||8||8.27||1|
|7||July 11, 2011||2.6||8||8.12||1|
|8||July 18, 2011||2.3||7||8.00||1|
|9||July 25, 2011||2.4||7||8.16||1|
|MTA||July 31, 2011||1.6||4||5.40||3|
|10||August 1, 2011||2.8||8||9.75||1|
|AFR||August 1, 2011||2.8||8||9.31||2|
- Hebert, Ashley. "Then and Now..." Retrieved June 28, 2012.
- "Islanders 1 for 2", "Reality Check" (column), Newsday, May 29, 2011
- "Ashley Hebert and J.P. Rosenbaum: We go "back and forth" on kids", Reality TV World, December 11, 2012
- "Meet The 25 Contestants From Ashley Hebert's Bachelorette Season!", Reality Tea, May 7, 2011
- "Bachelor Ben Flajnik no regrets proposing to Ashley Hebert", Digital Spy, June 15, 2014
- , CBS46, June 14, 2014
- "Bachelorette Ashley Hebert: Ames Brown wasn't as romantic as said", Reality TV world, July 21, 2011
- "'Bachelorette's Lucas Daniels: Ashley and I didn't see eye-to-eye", Reality TV world, July 14, 2011
- 'Bachelorette' Ashley Hebert Personally Blogs: Ryan Park Made The Biggest Impression On Me!, Reality TV world, May 24, 2011
- Inglis, Nicole (May 25, 2011). "Steamboat Springs raised Blake Julian competes on 'The Bachelorette'". Steamboat Today.
- Simakis, Andrea. "Pop Diva talks to Ryan 'Mickey' McLean after his 'Bachelorette' break-up", The Plain Dealer (Cleveland, Ohio), July 9, 2011
- Full Transcript of Interview with 'Bachelor Pad' Winner Nick Peterson, Coming up roses blog.com, September 12, 2012
- Walker, Dave (March 30, 2011). "New Orleans lawyer to vie for the attention of 'The Bachelorette'". The Times-Picayune (Greater New Orleans).
- "New Bachelorette Ashley Herbert warned off contestant West Lee over 'dark past'", Daily mail, May 11, 2011
- "Jeff Medolla From The Bachelorette: Unmasked!", Hollywood Gossip, June 2, 2011
- Kwiatkowski, Elizabeth. "Jeff Medolla: Only 3-4 guys were really into Bachelorette Ashley Hebert", RealityTVWorld.com, June 9, 2011
- Kwiatkowski, Elizabeth. "'The Bachelorette' star Ashley Hebert eliminates three more bachelors", RealityTVWorld.com, May 31, 2011
- Swartz, Michelle. "Monroe Man To Compete On 'Bachelorette'"[permanent dead link], Monroe News, May 5, 2011
- Kwiatkowski, Elizabeth. "Tim McCormack: My 'The Bachelorette' behavior was extremely humiliating", RealityTVWorld.com, May 27, 2011
- Macatee, Rebecca (2011-09-12). "Bachelor Pad's Holly Durst and Blake Julian Are Engaged!". Us Weekly.
- Johnson, Zach (December 11, 2012). "Ashley Hebert Married J.P. Rosenbaum -- See Her Dress!". Us Weekly. Retrieved 2014-03-26.
- Chiu, Melody (September 30, 2014). "J.P. and Ashley Hebert Rosenbaum Welcome Son Fordham Rhys". People. Retrieved 2014-09-30.
- Gorman, Bill (2011-05-24). "Monday Final Ratings: 'Dancing,' 'House,' 'Event' Adjusted Up; 'Law & Order:LA,' 'Clash Of The Commercials' Down". Retrieved 2012-03-27.
- Gorman, Bill (2011-06-01). "Monday Final Ratings: 'Bachelorette,' 'Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Ed.,' 'Law & Order:LA' Adjusted Up; 'Law & Order: CI' Down". TV By The Numbers. Retrieved 2012-03-27.
- Gorman, Bill (2011-06-14). "Monday Final Ratings: NHL Stanley Cup Finals Game 6 Ratings Down 37% vs. Last Season". TV By The Numbers. Retrieved 2012-03-27.
- Seidman, Robert (2011-06-21). "Monday Final Ratings: 'The Bachelorette' Adjusted Up". TV By The Numbers. Retrieved 2012-03-27.
- Seidman, Robert (2011-06-29). "Monday Final Ratings: 'The Bachelorette,' 'Master Chef' Adjusted Up; 'Extreme Makeover,' 'Law & Order: LA' Adjusted Down". TV By The Numbers. Retrieved 2012-03-27.
- Seidman, Robert (2011-07-13). "Monday Final Ratings: 'The Bachelorette' and 'MasterChef' Adjusted Up". TV By The Numbers. Retrieved 2012-03-27.
- Seidman, Robert (2011-07-19). "Monday Final Ratings: 'The Bachelorette' and 'MasterChef' Adjusted Up". TV By The Numbers. Retrieved 2012-01-19.
- Seidman, Robert (2011-07-26). "Monday Final Ratings: 'Hell's Kitchen' Adjusted Up; ABC Tops Night in Unscrambled Finals". TV By The Numbers. Retrieved 2012-01-19.
- ""The Bachelorette" Special Draws ABC's Top Summer Entertainment Audience in Slot in 5 Years". The Futon Critic. 2011-08-01. Retrieved 2012-01-19.
- Seidman, Robert (2011-08-02). "Monday Final Ratings: 'Hell's Kitchen' Adjusted Up". TV By The Numbers. Retrieved 2012-01-19.